Recent content by Roadtogundagai

1. Roadtogundagai

Message from MMP re: Dean Essig

Sad news indeed. What a fantastic legacy of game designs Dean has left behind. My first Dean Essig design was a CWB Antietam game in the late 80s "In Their Quiet Fields". So many years ago.
  2. Roadtogundagai

Games You Are Playing not named Advanced Squad Leader

Looking at the BCS and LOB games I have from The Gamers. Very nice systems that can scratch my ACW and Operational WW2 itches.
  3. Roadtogundagai

On the front cover of the BBC magazine.

"BBC" has a number of meanings, not all of them savory. Reading the headline "... BBC Magazine ..." made me chuckle a little.
  4. Roadtogundagai

Bounding Fire Fire & ROF Retention

Thank you - that is a handy link. The correct answer is B) - no MG fire at all is allowed and the ROF weapon may fire once only in the AFPh as ROF was retained in the MPh.
  5. Roadtogundagai

Bounding Fire Fire & ROF Retention

I would suggest B). Only the MA has ROF - the various MGs do not (unless the MA is an MG), so additional fires should not apply to them. I don't see how the EXC in D3.31 changes this as it relates to halving of FP for BFF. I am using the latest release of the eASLRB (v2.01).
  6. Roadtogundagai

VASL Patch

Most excellent. Big Thank You to all those involved.
  7. Roadtogundagai

VASL Patch

This might just be me, but I found that VASL 6.6.3.1 with VASSAL 3.6.1 retains the missing maps bug. Works fine with 3.5.8 (which is an easy work around).
  8. Roadtogundagai

Vassal 3.6.0 Released

That worked great with both 3.5.8 and 3.6 of VASSAL. Thank you. I made a copy of my VASL extensions folder to include loading of the extensions as part of the test - all loaded fine under both versions of VASSAL.
  9. Roadtogundagai

Vassal 3.6.0 Released

I did try a Beta 3.6.0 and did see the bug with the maps, but didn't report it - my bad. I assumed - wrongly - that the final version of 3.6.0 would fix it. I will know better next time.
  10. Roadtogundagai

Vassal 3.6.0 Released

Some further details: The board directory and the board files are exactly the same as used with VASSAL 3.5.8 - which worked fine. EDIT - I reverted back to VASSAL 3.5.8 and everything worked fine. So this looks like an interaction between VASL 3.3.6 and VASSAL 3.6
  11. Roadtogundagai

Vassal 3.6.0 Released

Maps don't seem to be loading with VASSAL 3.6 and VASL 6.6.3. Also won't show once board selection is complete.
  12. Roadtogundagai

Dispatch #52 was transmitted today.

Nice to see the DTO get some love with the start of the "Afrika" series of scenarios 👍
  13. Roadtogundagai

Ponyri completed....

COWTRA
  14. Roadtogundagai

Ponyri completed....

Would that invoke No Quarter? I can't find a rules reference for catapulting decapitated heads in the eASLRB.
  15. Roadtogundagai

USPS not delivering to Australia

... and showed up late to both parties 😋