Recent content by Rhett

1. R

RH4 and RH5

The VC of RH4 has been changed to read: VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Finns win at the end of any Game Turn if an area of twelve plus a random number (see SSR 3) of consecutive hexrows are free of Good Order Russian MMC and Mobile AFV (D.7) and has at least one Good Order Finnish MMC.
  2. R

RH4 and RH5

Yes, if the Norwegians can eliminate Germans it happens at the beginning. The Norwegian force that can actually attack the trucks is limited for a good reason. Two shots less then 6 and so on. If you can fire a Starshell and want to reveal the HMG you have one more chance. The Germans are not...
  3. R

RH4 and RH5

The Scenario Attacker (and Scenario Defender E1.2) are formal terms used to designate abilities in Night scenarios. When both sides are the Scenario Attacker, it just means that there is no Scenario Defender. On the contrary. Due to German fire power they have a huge advantage over the...
  4. R

RH4 and RH5

It is not a defined ASL term, but not all terms need to be. If north is "up" in the Board Configuration, vertical is north-south. A hexrow is not an (Alternate) Hex Grain (A9.221). You have misunderstood the Victory Conditions. The Finns must create a number of consecutive vertical hexrows...
  5. R

RH4 and RH5

The long awaited ... :whistle: ..... new scenarios from RH Games are ready :) ! Linked scenarios removed by moderator due to use of copyright counter art. The background for RH4 Motti can be found on the excellent Finnish Winter War site (in English). There are some fine maps there that show...
  6. R

New scenario: Lock of Finland (Finlands Lås)

Wow. I visit here so rarely and then I see my old post bumped. I am happy to see interest in our RH scenarios. We will in a few months time release RH4 (1939 Finland) and RH5 (1940 Norway). Yes, the 80 mm OBA was the battalion mortars. I guess the correct designation is 70+mm/80++mm battalion...
  7. R

VASL Live with Discord

Hi. I am looking for live friendly play with VASL/Discord. Discord is a free voice service and is just like Skype. I am in the European Time Zone. We may play a few hours every other week, first maybe an infantry-only scenario. Feel free to suggest something. Besides playing the game I also...
  8. R

RH3 A Fallen Lion

Thank you. The maps are made for a screen. That means they are 72dpi. If you want good quality print-outs you need maps with at least 300dpi. This means scaling up the hexgrid and patterns about four times and then remaking the map. This is not a trivial job.
  9. R

RH3 A Fallen Lion

Here is another amazing scenario from Hannu and me :) ... Our previous scenarios are: RH1 Finlands Lås RH2 Operation Rype This time we are in eastern Karelia in the summer of 1944 during the huge Soviet offensive. After pressing the Finns on the Karelian Isthmus for eleven days the Soviets...
  10. R

Looking for VASL opponent during European evenings

Hello. I live in Norway. I am looking for Live VASL with Discord. I have sent you a PM.
  11. R

New VASL opponent

Hi. I am looking for a new VASL opponent in addition to my regular opponent. Time has shown that the most effective way to play is sessions of 6+ hours with 2 -3 week intervals, whole evenings or daytime weekend. So play not so often, but when we play we play for a good time. It is an advantage...
  12. R

RH2 Operation Rype

RH2 Operation Rype is a new scenario Hannu and I have designed. RH1 can be found here: RH1 Finlands Lås RH2 is about an operation I am sure few of you have heard of. Towards the end of the war the Allies sought to limit the number of retreating German divisions out of Norway. They did not want...
  13. R

After some more digging, Hannu found that the Soviet 90th division consisted of: 19 Inf. Regiment 173 Inf. Regiment 286 Inf. Regiment 96 Art. Regiment (source: Tienhaara Finlands Lås by Göran Westerlund, page 33) We have not found what regiment(s) attacked the sector of the 9th/12th Companies...
  14. R

Well, as long as the text can not be misunderstood. Let us just call it my homage to Hill 621 .... I go for 9th and 12th Companies. Thank you. Yep, I agree. You also find it as 'Concealment Terrain' in the Index & Glossary. This is a tough one. Rarely do you find detailed descriptions of...
  15. R

Thank you for the kind comments, Larth. Actually, Viborg is the Swedish name for the city. Vyborg is the English name. Viipuri is of course the Finnish name. https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viborg,_Ryssland https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vyborg https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viipuri I admit...