Recent content by rgrove

1. rgrove

Doomed

His squads were eliminated earlier. He grabbed the MG and actually broke a squad the turn before. No toting necessary.
  2. rgrove

Doomed

Arrggh.... yes your right of course.
  3. rgrove

Doomed

A Russian 9-1 leader and his LMG fire on an approaching stack of German 8-3-8s for no effect during DFPh. The Germans move adjacent and he Subsequent fires again for no effect and then risks Final Fire, passes his morale check but the Germans do as well and remain a threat. The Germans fire...
  4. rgrove

Pinned by Snap Shot

It may be just me and I'm a novice but if I have to pick between a legit rule that feels wierd or wrong and a different approach that seems right, I go with the latter, if my opponent agrees of course. In this case snap shots come first.
  5. rgrove

Berserk Recovery

Defensive fire during the movement phase certainly but what about defensive fire in its own phase afterward? It effects stationary units.
  6. rgrove

Ever done this?

When new and still learning have you ever run an entire scenario and realized you never placed a single Residual Firepower counter, or checked ROF on your MGs, or noticed ELR on morale checks or made some other completely stupid mistake for the entire game. (Forgetting to half Advancing Fire by...
  7. rgrove

Historical notes

Not helpful and pretty snarky. The term "Historical Notes" is a bit misleading, seeming to indicate interesting background info only. "Special Unit Rules" or something like that might have indicated the need to read them before playing. Perhaps that's just me though.
  8. rgrove

Berserk Recovery

A Berserk squad moves into the same hex as a stack of enemy broken units during the MPh. They are fired on by enemies during the DFF but survive. (One wonders if enemies fired on the hex during DFPh if both sides would be affected there??) The Berserk squad fires in its AFPh but has no effect -...
  9. rgrove

Hakka parallel rules sheets.

Thanks, wasn't a big a deal as I first thought. Pages went right in as is in all but a couple minor areas as you noted. THANKS again!
  10. rgrove

Historical notes

Yes, that's exactly what I referring to. This tank may stall out when starting, this infantry unit has an inherent SW etc.
  11. rgrove

Historical notes

I was flipping through the unit historical notes and was suprised to find actual rules in bedded in there. I suppose one should research the units included in each scenario before playing? I thought they were just background color info, but I stand corrected. Just when you thought you had a grip...
  12. rgrove

Sorry, yes I meant "site" and I was sure I got the list here somewhere but perhaps it was mmp and I was directed there from here. If I understand you correctly the majority of the HP pages can replace what I have but there are some changes to others more recent, I'll need to look on a page by...
  13. rgrove

Just finished updating my rule book with all the errata listed on this sight. Mmp pages, stickys, all done. I just recieved my copy of Hakka Paalle today and see it has a bunch of replacement pages. Are these after the updated errata or do they have to be updated once inserted as well? They are...
  14. rgrove

Sniping a Flamethrower

Oh I was being sarcastic. I get it
  15. rgrove

Sniping a Flamethrower

Guess its asking a lot of the Sniper to notice the guy with the big fuel tanks on his back and try to pick him off.