Recent content by RevJJ

1. RevJJ

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Q18 Take the Crossroads Played this Normandy scenario with my good friend Rob Wirthlin. Rob's Germans set up to defend VP buildings on board 17 while my Americans entered from off board. I split my force taking my 9-1 and MMG squads up the left flank with mortar support while the rest of my...
  2. RevJJ

My Buddy Rob Wirthlin and I got together last night for our annual holiday ASL game. OA28 Where Iron Crosses Grow My Germans setup to heavily defend the fortified multihex building. I enclosed it in wire and had the 9-2 and a 9-1 on level 1 w/ 467s and MMGs. I had hipped 1/2 squads in the...
  3. RevJJ

RPT 166 We are Friends. It's been like a year since I played ASL and even longer for my opponent so we decided wtf and jumped into Korea which neither of us had played. I took the UN forces. With the chance of bog @ a dr of 9 or higher, my plan was to reverse armor assault with the Shermans and...
  4. RevJJ

SP217 The Go Devils Despite successfully laying down a sN smoke wall with me JgPz Vs and making good progress CXing my infantry up behind the board 63 woods cluster in the middle of the map Turn 1, I got stalled for a few turns by breaking or pinning on every 2 to 4 fp even up shot sent my way...
  5. RevJJ

A89 First Day of Diadem A brutal opening Turn from German kill stacks trying to soften me up had my Free French reeling a bit. On my right flank, my 9-1 bit it and I lost a full squad and the HMG the first turn. My 60mm MTR also went down to boxes. But advantageous pre-game shell hole placement...
  6. RevJJ

I know a few players that will not play a scenario with overlays. I also know players that won't play certain terrain, rules, etc. I don't get it personally but to each their own. As far as overlays go though, I think they should be released as a support download for players to print. They...
  7. RevJJ

Raise your hand if you have not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module

I have not purchased it. Neither has my regular opponent. I have way more ASL product than I have time to play already and the module is not of particular interest to me from a historical perspective.
  8. RevJJ

Do you ever lose your temper while playing ASL?

Guilty. Flawed human here that kinda gets a perverted kick out of the emotional swings of ASL. Elation to devastation and back again. I love it and hate it at the same time. That's why I'm hooked ;)
  9. RevJJ

What ASL articles have you referenced lately?

What ASL articles have you tapped lately? There's a lot of contributions out there from great players, some still active on these forums, that have helped many of us out. Let's give em a shout out and maybe turn someone on to an excellent article they haven't read. I'll start. I came to PTO...
  10. RevJJ

spoogbob I hope you die a horrible death

Same here. Angry girl friend back in college sought me out at a friend's house, went on a rage, and tipped over a geoboard game we had going on the kitchen table. Only death that occurred was that short lived relationship.
  11. RevJJ

J150 The Sangshak Redemption Five turn 1944 "Attack/counter attack" scenario pitting Indian paratroopers vs IJA infantry. The Indians start with a meager 3.5 x 2nd line squads, an AT gun and a 76 MTR, and a bunch of dummies. They have a limited setup area and have to fend off the IJA who have to...
  12. RevJJ

Scenario names I'd like to see

Zappa inspired scenario names ... Bobby Brown Shirt goes Down G-Spotters Tornado (OBA scenario) The Adventures of Greggory Schrekkory Tojo's Garage
  13. RevJJ

Yes, it was a blast. I'd gladly play it again.
  14. RevJJ

KGP3 Panthers in the Mist My regular ASL opponent and I both found ourselves staying in town for the 4th this year so we decided to start digging into some KGP this weekend which neither of us had played. I took the SS. If you've never played this, the Americans can stagger entry offboard over 3...
  15. RevJJ

AP78 Crossfire Americans in Italy 1943 trying to take buildings from Germans on two flanks. Interesting VC twist with the Amis winning if they have 5 x (or greater) the turn # in stone buildings at the end of any Player Turn. That makes an early American win really desirable so I went for a Turn...