Recent content by revaddict

1. R

Returning to the forum...what's up with VASL?

Most of the time I never had any trouble with the LOS checker. Once in a while something didn't seem right, and my opponent usually agreed with me so we played it our way instead.
  2. R

So does this mean that, no matter what the LOS checker says, we now have to eyeball the line ourselves and see if a shot is truly blocked or hindered?
  3. R

Hmmm...strange...I find that it is working with some boards though.
  4. R

Okay, I'm getting warmer. I have VASSAL and the VASL module installed along with a few boards. Now, my LOS check is telling me, "LOS engine disabled...could not read bd02.map" What's that all about?
  5. R

Okay...but the only available versions on the Wiki page are VASSAL 3.0.17 and 3.1.15. Where can I get 3.1.9?
  6. R

Okay, I found the instructions, and I found out the hard way that the latest version of VASSAL doesn't work with VASL 5.9.2. So, in your opinion, which versions of VASSAL and VASL do I want in order to get the latest and greatest gaming experience?
  7. R

Okay, I scrolled down a bit. I find a link that takes me to an ASL wiki, but I don't see instructions for VASL (or whatever it is nowadays). What am I supposed to be looking for?
  8. R

Actually, no, I'm no longer in the Fox Cities. I now live in Lincoln, Nebraska, where I'm trying to find other gamers to play with!
  9. R

I've played ASL and VASL quite a bit, but because of some personal circumstances I have been away from the game for a couple of years. I'm finally at a point where I might be able to get back to the hobby, and I just got a new computer. I'm starting to get the itch to play again. But what's...
  10. R

Routing & Gullies

That's kind of the conclusion I'm coming to. Thanks.
  11. R

Routing & Gullies

Chris and Ron, Okay, we agree on that much. Brokies leave Crest using Low Crawl to go INTO the Gully. My question is: What happens next? In the next RtPh do they have to leave the safety of the Gully and use Low Crawl across Open Ground to head for woods/building? Or can they stay IN...
  12. R

Routing & Gullies

Chris, They lose Crest because of where their rout terrain is located. Let me put it this way. They have Crest status on the east side of the hex. The woods are to the west. So to head west they have to leave the Crest first. This puts them out of LOS. Does it also take away the option...
  13. R

Routing & Gullies

A squad is in Crest status in a gully. Four of the adjacent hexes are Open Ground while the other two are Gully hexes. The squad breaks in the LOS and normal range of an enemy unit. The nearest woods/building hex is, say, four hexes away (the opposite direction of their Crest) also across...
  14. R

Road Bonus

That's the one. I'll have to pencil it in...or just wait for my 2nd edition book.
  15. R

Road Bonus

Thanks. My 1st Edition RB has no entry for B3.43.