Recent content by Rev

1. R

Absence

Just wanted to let those of you know who I've been playing OAOW games with that I've been ressurected from the dead and would like to pickup where we left off if your willing. My apologies to all you who I kept in the dark.. please reply if you wish to resume... Rev
  2. R

Anyone like a game?

Lets go with 3.4b. Go ahead and resend your initial axis, I will do the same. Rev
  3. R

Anyone like a game?

We are playing the new version and a mirrored game as well. I even ran through a few offensives on Poland per the Mantis strategy article. I think I will get better as it goes. I'll start a new write up and keep track as I go to offer more insight and info on how things play out. Thanks...
  4. R

Anyone like a game?

I'll play if you like. I have come off a bad beating by Ravenstrike (thats 2 he has given me), but I'll give it a whirl again. If you want Germans, go ahead and send me your turn 1 to jpmadis@ilstu.edu and I'll consider us started. If you want me to play Germans, let me know. Rev
  5. R

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

I have decided to resign this game. We got to turn 77. South Russia was pretty much lost, Leningrad fell, Turkey was pro axis and the Finns were probably going to join. I was pinned in East/South Africa unable to ship my UK units home since abandoning the Suez/Cairo area. The US is out...
  6. R

Just for those players...

One more item of note pertaining to the war in the atlantic. You have many supplied roads going over sea... perhaps a string of these from the USA to the UK could be interdicted and reduce replacements or something for the UK?? Maybe the main source of supply for the allies can be the USA and...
  7. R

Mark I am probably least versed in the inner mechanics of this game so I think on a more abstract/operational level of thinking, when I try to problem solve and figure out the cavaets of this scenario. Frankly I don't want to worry about replacements or how many trucks & or squads a...
  8. R

The German army gets ground down to fragments and ad-hoc junk by the end. Has this ever happened in any EA game? Increasing the replacements will fix somethings but I think it will continue to give more longevitity to the attrition factor the east front had on the axis over the long haul...
  9. R

Mark, I will be the first one to claim that the axis possess too much of an advantage. The play results back that up. I have been doing some digging a bit. I will post some thoughts and ask you a few questions then. Looking at all the reported games of EA, the average game lasted 109...
  10. R

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

Mark I have about 1/2 the work done on looking at the previoius EA games. I'll post some more on it tomorrow, hopefully it will be constructive, my intention is not to tear it down because I lose, it is to make the game better if by any part my feedback can help accomplish this, then all the...
  11. R

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

Back to some updating: It is 12/1/1940. Leningrad resisted 3 assualts on the German turn. I managed to move a unit back in but nothing is entrenched so the city will fall next turn. Rolling down, the front, I am unable to move most of the Russians (typical) as they are mostly orange banded...
  12. R

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

Based upon that thought, is there any way to better reflect the dependence upon naval/fleet supply to keep units moving in North Africa? I realize there are many limits based upon the OAOW engine, but I was wondering if say for example you wanted to have some sort of supply transport capacity...
  13. R

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

Lou That brings up some interesting ideas. When I was attacked in the Med the turn France surrendered, Don had Germans in ports waiting the turn before so they could be shipped to now friendly ports in Israel since he knew they would go pro German. This allowed him to plan a large naval...
  14. R

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

I am very well aware of Don's ability, and when I express my misgivings with the scenario, I do so not as an excuse to my inability to play effectively. It is not even 1941 yet the Germans are able to plow over multiple enemies simulaneously. No matter what I do, it is just the overwhelming...
  15. R

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

It is turn 74. I moved ISP's so my pics are not linking. I have been busy and not much into posting about the game but I will make some effort to catch up very soon. In short, the war in Russia has begun and Don is moving through my defenses. My initial line of defense was setup just east of...