Recent content by RetPara

1. R

January 2005 Dispatches/Top 10 War Movies

ANOTHER movie not mentioned so far... 'What Price Glory' about Marines in WWI.
  2. R

Served with SF... spent the better part of 12 years at Bragg... so I will admit to a 'touch' of bias... other than that Lance - bite your tongue... as for hardline; you haven't SEEN hardline yet.
  3. R

Wait a minute... What about "The Green Berets" now how the hell can any list be complete without that? Leaving out the Duke can get a person brought before the Inquisition...
  4. R

BHD and WWS both got honerable mention. I concur with the above. My reaction to the list was 'huh?'
  5. R

PC Games For Review!

Jim PM'd you on this.
  6. R

The Movie -- Team America

Its funny as hell... reviews from some folks in Mosul, put it right up about 9...
  7. R

Questions

if your dealing with a higher end PC you might want to try http://www.vmware.com/index.html
  8. R

Airdrop tactic

If your not cheating... your not trying and deserve to lose...
  9. R

Steel Panthers Help!

IF your running W2K or WinXP you may have the hardware resources to run a Virtual PC app. These apps enable you to run a virtual computer using another OS on a PC or a server. We use a couple at work to run virtual PC's that run network apps. I have used a VIrtual CD drive app called Game...
  10. R

Star Wars, Star Trek or...?

I've been a SF freak ever since I read Rocket Ship Gailleo and the Time Machine series in Boys Life. I saw the first Star Wars in Yuma Az. At the time I was S2 NCO for VMFAT-101 who trained all the F4 aircrews for the Marines. Some of the crews had seen it in CA on over night hops. Well a...
  11. R

DVD Purchase -- Tour Of Duty

Jeremy do you have a note from your mother saying you can be here? :rolleyes:
  12. R

The Last Samurai

ARRGH!!!! :mad: This is off-topic but really bites my ass. When I was growing up all the movies had the NCO's as the comic relief. As my career in the military continued it really started to get on my nerves. I like Victor McLaughlin but the best Cav NCO's were played by Ward Bond as...
  13. R

quick thoughts on Joint Ops: Operation Typhoon

No, if you have the software you can jump into a Screensavers LAN party. I think you have to pre-register though.
  14. R

Strategy & Tactics: Steel Panthers World At War

IME you don't see 'everything' and once LOS is lost, its gone. Its not like the drone that SPMBT has (which is really cool).
  15. R

Strategy & Tactics: Steel Panthers World At War

Recon is valuble against any opponent. Especially in the meeting engagement or advance. In AI games I often run right into the main body with little or no vanguard or advance unit. The challenge is to use your recon or advance units and not waste them. Your recon/advance party should be...