Recent content by Reiryc

1. R

Gettysburg Campaign IV

Great AAR... have really enjoyed the read! Keep it coming! :D
  2. R

Should violent video games be banned?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Don't have time to police the games, then ban your kids from playing them. It's not as if playing video/computer games is a requirement for a healthy childhood. Heck, governments are responsible for waaaay more violence than any video game. Should we start...
  3. R

Mons AAR Brammer vs Sands

Final results and comments The last allied attacks were excellent. The resulting French units would most likely rout if there were a few more turns. My cavalry on the east flank would be in deep trouble if this game had gone on another turn or 2. The 5th division would most likely have...
  4. R

Final French turn (turn 20) Everything is in place to withstand the last major attacks of the British player My artillery should be able to do some damage to the advancing allied infantry. The only mistake I see is the one unit of the 5th infantry division that I left in square formation.
  5. R

French turn 19 (this screen print is from the allied player, I forgot to make one) The French artillery is making its impact on the field. The allied infantry is taking a pounding from the artillery. But my guards are also taking a pounding. I am not sure what is going to happened to the...
  6. R

French turn 18 Everything is in position to withstand the final fury of the allied attack. The next few turns sure will be interesting.
  7. R

French turn 17. The allied infantry has finally arrived. Now the game should get interesting. Amazing the allied cavalry attack again. I wonder if they will ever stop!! Even my guards are starting to get worn out. Some of them have fatigue of over 250. I am not sure how my guard units can...
  8. R

French turn 16 My French counter attacks in the fields should results in some allied routs. The allied cavalry on the west flank seems to be retreating towards Mons. I guess they have finally worn out from all the charges they have made. I am still getting my artillery into position...
  9. R

French turn 15 This is just a consolidation turn for the French . The British have broken off the attacks against the 5th Infantry Division. My squares have held up against the constant attacks. Bravo!!
  10. R

French turn 14 There seems to be a good deal of allied cavalry wondering around in my rear area. This concerns me a bit. My infantry continues to stand up to the constant charges of the allied cavalry. I hope to have a few surprises for my friendly opponent in the next few turns. I have...
  11. R

French turn 13 OH NO, I now have allied cavalry behind my 5th Infantry division. I am not sure where they came form. I guess I will have to send some of my precious cavalry to contend with this situation. Now I will have to have squares all around the 5th Infantry division. The 5th...
  12. R

French turn 12 It would seem that the allied infantry is about to appear in the game. Erine seems to be shifting all his cavalry to the east flank to attack my screening cavalry in the fields south east of Mons. I have linked up with the 5th Infantry division and the artillery is getting into...
  13. R

French turn 11 A bunch of new allied cavalry has arrived which also means the allied infantry may not be that far behind. I am surprised by the unlimited amount (or so it seems) of allied cavalry. The last of my cavalry units is about to reach the front. I hope that will be enough to make a...
  14. R

French turn 10 Nothing to report for this turn. I am just trying to advance far enough to make good fields of fire for my artillery units when the allied infantry arrives. The 5th infantry division is slowly crawling towards Mons.
  15. R

French turn 9 I am advancing again on Mons. My cavalry found some allied cavalry hiding in the fields on my right flank. I figured Erine might be hiding some cavalry there so that he could hit my infantry in the rear. The last of my reinforcements have arrive, more cavalry. Boy will I need...