Recent content by RaphaelC

1. RaphaelC

B20.93 Query

The initial question concerned a unit in Crest Status that wished to Advance Into the Depression then up to Crest Status on the other side of the same Depression Hex. Ex B20.93 allows the 4-6-7 to Advance from T3 into T4 for 4MF and become CX. I just wanted to know why it could not, seemingly...
  2. RaphaelC

B20.93 Query

So, the squad alone can Move from Crest Status in T3 Into the T3 Depression and then up and out into T4 for 4MF, and do the same, becoming CX if it does the same in the Advance Phase. If with a Leader it can Move from Crest Status in T3 to Crest Status on the other side of T3, but cannot do...
  3. RaphaelC

B20.93 Query

Hello All, I was just wondering, what is the reasoning behind why the 4-6-7 Squad in T3 is allowed to Move/Advance into T4 for 4MF (Page B22) but cannot move/advance from one Crest Status to another on the other side of the Depression?
  4. RaphaelC

Column Disbandment Query

Thank You both for your very detailed and patient explanation of the rules. It turned out to be a great game, with all the twists and turns of a 14 Turn ASL Scenario (although perhaps we should have played 'Bungle in the Jungle' instead with the way we misunderstood the rules).
  5. RaphaelC

Column Disbandment Query

So, the Defender Column 'temporarily' drops concealment to strip the moving Attacker Column of its concealment. Does it not then also permanently lose its own concealment as per E11.53? ( If at that time any Column unit has either been attacked (even by a Sniper, but see 11.534 for minefields)...
  6. RaphaelC

When do you remove TI counters

Similar the/its wording in C7.42 meant that the first time we used AFV's they took an age to recover from shock!
  7. RaphaelC

Column Disbandment Query

Our reasoning was that if a concealed column moved into LOS of a concealed defender enemy column, which then dropped its concealment, both columns would lose concealment permanently and both disband, which we thought went against the no voluntary disbandment part of the SSR (at least for the...
  8. RaphaelC

Column Disbandment Query

As a follow-up, the columns retained concealment, despite using Hazardous Movement, because all such movement was performed out of LOS of any Known enemy unit. The columns could not voluntarily disband, as per SSR, so we reasoned that they could not drop their own concealment at any time and so...
  9. RaphaelC

Column Disbandment Query

Thank You very much indeed. I was so fixated on trying to juggle A12.15, E11.53, 11.531 and 11.54 that I completely missed the blindingly obvious rule about Hazardous Movement! 😣 Raphael (I shall now retire quietly to cut out the 'TotR' graveyard overlays, because the way I play I will soon...
  10. RaphaelC

Column Disbandment Query

Hello All, In ASL Scenario 63 'The Eastern Gate' columns may not disband voluntarily, so, A concealed Japanese column unit has used 1MF attempting to move into a Location containing a concealed Gurkha column unit, and has been returned to its previous Location. The Japanese column loses...
  11. RaphaelC

A9.22 Fire Lane Query

Thank You both. We decided that the initial attack was illegal due to their being no LOS.
  12. RaphaelC

A9.22 Fire Lane Query

Hello All, Can an MMG declare a First Fire attack against an enemy unit with LOS blocked due to +7 DRM Hindrance (Kunai, 3xPalm Tree, +3 Smoke) in order to declare a Fire Lane that will then only have a +3DRM against future targets? Many Thanks, Raphael
  13. RaphaelC

Declaring 'Double Time' Query

Much obliged, +1MF it is then. Raphael
  14. RaphaelC

Declaring 'Double Time' Query

Hello All, ASL Scenario 63 'The Eastern Gate' has an SSR which states that the Japanese on-board forces, as well as the reinforcements that arrive on turn 2, are considered to have expended 2MF. So, if the Japanese declare double time at the start of turn 1 MPh (or turn 2 MPh for the...
  15. RaphaelC

Rooftop Concealment Questions.

What I meant was if a unit is at ground level it has LOS into a building hex, but cannot trace LOS through that building hex into a building hex behind it. So, if rooftops are in play, and a unit is on a rooftop, does it have LOS across all intervening in play rooftops at the same level...