Recent content by Pyth

1. Pyth

The Agony of Balance

Wasn't sure what the best forum was for this question? Rules? Design? If it's better somewhere else, please move. So I'm to start a game in couple of days of ASL 136 Agony of Doom, as the Germans. It seems famously unbalanced and my Soviet opponent has requested the balance. All very...
  2. Pyth

Oba-flowchart extension ist kaput?

Thank you very much.
  3. Pyth

No I'm getting the same error consistently. I must be going to the wrong place (https://advancedsquadleader.net/index.php/VASL_Extensions ---- the obaflowchart.mdx extension link says the file doesn't exist, and when clicked on, it doesn't) or some other unforced error of mine. I'd love to know...
  4. Pyth

Returning to game after an absence. Updated VASSAL and VASL. Latest greatest VASL seems great (recognizes old vlogs I thought were goners) but... my beloved OBA flowchart tab doesn't function. And I went to the VASL page to download the extension and although OBAflowchart is listed in the index...
  5. Pyth

you can write me at dougmcmullen99@gmail.com

you can write me at dougmcmullen99@gmail.com
  6. Pyth

I can look for something if you like... but im open to suggestion, you mentioned you wanted ETO...

I can look for something if you like... but im open to suggestion, you mentioned you wanted ETO, sounds like you have something in mind ...I'll play just about anything...
  7. Pyth

LOS Question Bridge

Is the bridge a hindrance in this case?
  8. Pyth

Did we do this correctly?

Yikes! Don't you hate it when the rule you are correcting someone with (A11.4) is the rule you've been confidently misreading for a long time. 😳
  9. Pyth

Did we do this correctly?

I beleive there is an ambush roll because of the unit which retained concealment. No advance needed when there's a concealed unit in the mix.... the sad part is the poor germans couldnt even manage to strip concealment with TPBF. So I think it is all good. And there will be an extra ration or...
  10. Pyth

Perhaps the most beginner of questions

yes you basically got it right. And you should look over the Sequence of Play.... I highly reccomend finding someone to play with and learn by doing.... it is muuuch more efficient. Just say Im a total beginner and need a teaching game and someone will come thru. Good Luck and welcome to a great...
  11. Pyth

when is a unit eliminated for "failure to rout"?

Doesnt the ASOP support your idea? 6.21B(oth) conduct all routs... then check for failure to rout eliminations. I mean I think its okay. (Hmmm... but the elimination is part of conducting the rout.... hmmm... rereading -- I think it is not okay.)
  12. Pyth

firing vehicular mg

But a Gyrostabilized CMG firing Bounding first fire at an acquired target is Full power if stopped, 1/2 power if non-stopped, yes?
  13. Pyth

Area Target Type and DFF

OMG how many errors can I make on ONE shot! roflmao... Sorry Schmitty!!!
  14. Pyth

Rain/Mist...

My KGP I is "unpunched" and .... I've yet to play a fog scenario so I'll have to take your word for it there... but the fog rules seem straight forward enough... it's hard to see so fix bayonets and driving at night use the lo-beams.
  15. Pyth

Rain/Mist...

No follow up is actually necessary, but why should that stop me....? Its a little wiggly but if you read strictly -- nowhere do the rules say Rain itself is an LV hindrance... Rather, fog/mist/rain/snow are introduced in E3.1 as LV weather conditions -- and that is of course correct: all are...