Recent content by pswede26

1. pswede26

Designers' Response to the Desperation Morale Review of Forgotten War

Rob... I miss those days playing ASL with you and Jess. Good times indeed!
  2. pswede26

Mark took issue with the CPVA leadership. Someone posted on Facebook that Ken's response didn't adequately address Mark's concern. As one of FW's designers, I wanted to share some thoughts I provided on ASL's Facebook page regarding CPVA Leadership As Ken mentions in our response to Mark, you...
  3. pswede26

Michael, the discussions topics aren't completely lost. I kept an archive of everything when I became one of the core designers.
  4. pswede26

Forgotten War first impressions, or Where is the searchlight scenario?

Brian, All your points are taken and I appreciate your viewpoint...all I can say is don't design or play a scenario with the Skyraider if you don't think it belongs. As with Searchlights and other new Korean War rules/toys that some don't like, there are designers and ASLers that will like...
  5. pswede26

Forgotten War first impressions, or Where is the searchlight scenario?

Brian, Brian, I understand your points. From a WWII ASL perspective, I can see where your example could prove problematic. However, the Skyraider was a post WWII aircraft and it was designed specifically for use in Korean War ASL. The aircraft primary flew in support of the Marine Corps...
  6. pswede26

Korea: The Forgotten War...

Robin, As one of the designers, I wanted to say thanks. What you expressed is what we hoped ASLers would feel about FW. We sincerely felt this module had the potential to bring new life blood to ASL. Andy Hershey and I were only with the project for about 10-11 years...Ken Katz, Mike Reed...
  7. pswede26

Korea!

Wow, that’s impressive. Good luck! Tell Jess I said hello. Definitely good to see FW in print after 10 years of work. Still can’t believe we got it done. I am pretty happy with the result.
  8. pswede26

W10 Searchlights - The Schwerpunkt Pledge

If I understand the question correctly, both. But mostly the first.
  9. pswede26

I'll say this much. Our research uncovered that searchlight tactics used against the Chinese were so effective that SL mounted M46 and Centurion Tanks became primary artillery targets...especially during the Battles for the Hook. Hide and seek tactics were developed...tanks operating in pairs...
  10. pswede26

10.131 AMSL MALFUNCTION: A turret-mounted SL that is switched on (10.2) automatically malfunctions if the vehicles fires any turret-mounted weapons (or bow-mounted weapons for a bow-mounted SL).
  11. pswede26

You are correct. It has to do with the heat that is being generated by the SL, which then decreases the amount of 'shock' the filament can take versus when cool (i.e. off). Heat causes the filament to vibrate.... give off light...but the range of modulation is now at or near its widest, any...
  12. pswede26

They were designed such that if a Searchlight was turned on when the AFV fired its MA, SL immediately malfunctions. Kevin, your argument was spot on. This is one of the several reasons why USMC Tankers operated in pairs or greater. One to illuminate the target while the other(s) fired. We...
  13. pswede26

Korea!

Rob, glad you like it. It was certainly a labor of love. Miss playing you and Jess out in Spokane. Hope all is well.