Recent content by PS NJ

1. PS NJ

SJ1 Grappling Glowaczow

First of all a big thanks to Mike, Carl, Ann, Ralph and Joe for the hard work of organizing and running a great ASL tournament. It's always a pleasure and a nice reunion to see the New England gang. For the final in the Nor'easter I had the privilege of playing Steve Pleva. As far as I'm...
  2. PS NJ

AP183 Patton's Ghost

For the semi-finals at Nor'easter I was matched with Gary Fortenberry. I've played Gary a few times and I know he is an excellent player. He took some time off recently but is now fully back on the tournament scene. This scenario wasn't one of the three I wanted to play in this round, but Gary...
  3. PS NJ

RPT152 Shaken Not Stirred

In the third round of Nor'easter I played a good friend Jim Bishop of Virginia. We played this scenario, which was my third choice. I never played it and hadn't even looked at it before the tournament. Dice gave me the attacking French. The attacker has only 4.5 turns to take 5 of 7 stone...
  4. PS NJ

AP115 Bats Outta Hell

In the 2nd round of NorEaster I played George Young, who I hadn't played before. We picked this complex and interesting scenario. Dice gave me the IJA. The USMC player has to gain 59 VP, which they gain for cvp earned, plus exit VP, minus IJA exit vp. The USMC have 9 768 and 2 hs plus two 37LL...
  5. PS NJ

AP135 Fuller's Folly

For the first round at Nor'easter I played my good friend Chuck Tewksbury. The attacking US has 6 full turns to go about 15 hexes up a level 2 hill in bocage country. The bocage and in-season orchards makes most long-range LOS from the hill NA. It's also pretty tricky how the bocage blocks LOS...
  6. PS NJ

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played Stephen John's SJ1 Grappling Glowaczow against Ron Duenskie from the unpublished Yankee pack. It has 11 Polish 458/457 supported by 4 37L tanks (with only a 2 fp CMG) attacking 7 468/467 with a HIP PzII, and turn 1 reinforcing Pz38 and PzIV 75*. The poles need to control four specific...
  7. PS NJ

U25 Breakout from Borisov Ron Duenskie and I played this classic monster. I was excited to play this scenario as it's an original from Cross of Iron. The Russians have 54 squads and 12 tanks (5 heavy and 7 light) vs 24 german squads with only 5 tanks (plus a 37L HT and a 20L AC). The germans...
  8. PS NJ

Vic Rosso and I played HazMo31 Cloak of Disorder. 10 IJA 448's with 3 radioless 57* tanks and a towed 70* gun take on 12 chinese 337 plus two elite 237 hs reinforced turn 3 by two L4 tankettes and 3 elite 447s. Vic's attackers have six turns to negotiate a large field of brush (grain is brush...
  9. PS NJ

SJ7 Groves of Damour

For the last round on Sunday morning I played Jonathan Kay of Toronto. We picked a smallish infantry-only scenario designed by Stephen Johns which will be published in an upcoming Nor'easter pack. It depicts the same Australian/Vichy fight as Dingoes of Damour, only without the AFVs on each...
  10. PS NJ

AP194 Not Fade Away

For the championship I got to play Neil Stanhagen of Virginia. I've had a few good games with Neil and his brother Danny, mostly they've beaten me. I had an idea for an upfront defense so I bid A2, Neil chose an extra 666. The US has 6.5 turns to cross two boards and capture stone buildings...
  11. PS NJ

195 Rocket's Red Glare

For the 4th round at Albany I was happy to be matched up with Bill Cirillo. Not only is he one of the very best ASL players, he is a NASA mastermind and distinguished ASL designer. We chose this classic heavyweight cage match. We agreed in advance that the US tank destroyer could enter in I1...
  12. PS NJ

J243 Sore Thumbs

For the third round I was happy to play Sean Deller of NC. Sean is also an Army vet. He is an all-around cool dude. We picked this scenario, which frankly was my distant third choice as I felt it was too pro-US (it was 4-0 US in ROAR). Apparently it went 5-3 pro-axis at the tournament, so...
  13. PS NJ

J212 Shoulder to Shoulder

In round 2 at Albany I was very happy to play Jeff Wasserman of Toronto. We played a couple times before so I know Jeff is an excellent player. I have played this one a couple times this year, but I do think is well balanced and fun. Since I was the germans both previous times, I bid US 2 to get...
  14. PS NJ

AP196 Silver & Bronze

For the long, all-day first round of Albany 2023 I had the pleasure of playing friend and Tussle organizer Chuck Tewksbury of Massachusetts. This was my first choice as it's a big, meaty scenario with lots of troops and toys for both sides. The VC are fairly complex so it defied a simple...
  15. PS NJ

Albany 2023 November 30 to December 3 - All Official Communications

Thanks to Joe and Steve for organizing another (the 20th!) great Albany tournament. IMO, the format and level of competition makes this the best ASL tourney! They made an awesome sheet of personalized counters for all attendees and Joe continued to demonstrate his expertise in dioramas, making...