Recent content by prymus

1. prymus

The best tabletop wargames ever!

Might say I'm a late comer but really want to throw in my 2 cents. I love the Clash of Arms La Bataille series. The rules, especially the latest editions are well done and easily understood, especially for a Napoleonics game. The maps and counters are glorious, and the games are fun. All my...
  2. prymus

Red Factories/Red October Up For Preorder!

Any interested in solo gaming should check out Lone Warrior, the journal of the Solo Wargamer Assoc. There are a lot of great articles and ideas for mechanics to enhance solo play. lonewarriorswa.com
  3. prymus

What Boardgame Have You Played Recently?

I've been playing La Bataille de Mt St. Jean, the Plancenoit scenario. Also been constructing several print and play free dl games on the La Bataille website. Finished up the Teugn Hausen module yesterday getting my map and started working on the counters for the Raab module today. The counters...
  4. prymus

What boardgames have you played recently?

Have been re-visiting the Napoleonic wars recently with miniatures, 1809 Danube Valley and Northern Italy games of Piave, Neumarkt, Teugn Hausen, and Raab. Also getting in a few games from the La Bataille series, Aspern Essling from Marshall Enterprises, Mt. St. Jean, Ligny, and Moskowa from...
  5. prymus

La Bataille de Qatre Bras, close French Victory. Getting ready to play the Mont St. Jean scen #1 Chateau Goumont, the fight for Hougoumont Chateau. Played this before and was a close British victory and looking forward to another go as the French commander. Also played a game of Forbidden Island...
  6. prymus

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Great songs all, got a bit burnt on LaGrange, but forgot to put Waitin'... on my list, have mercy.
  7. prymus

Television: What shows are you currently watching?

Love the Justified series so much I bought it. Enjoy! Been watching the NHL playoffs, there have been some good games. Also been watching Fear the Walking Dead. Am enjoying it, wish it would move along a little quicker but anxious to see how they wrap the mid-season.
  8. prymus

Played a little ToW Battle for Caen last night, good game and the graphics hold up well being as old as it is.
  9. prymus

Best time of the year

Whoa nelly!!! Did anyone see the Stars/Blues game last night. Making dinner for the family with the TV on at game start, thought I heard cheering thought what the heck, it just started, came to the game room to see 2 goals scored by Stars and not even 2 minutes in, holy moley. Blues came back to...
  10. prymus

ZZTop, no better 3 man band, my particular playlist this am; Thug TV Dinners Heard it on the X Pearl Necklace Rythmeen Manic Mechanic I got the 6 It's only love Just got paid
  11. prymus

Played Castles of Mad King Ludwig with my daughter. Fun game and different to what I've played before. Looking forward to "game night" this week and hoping to play Manhattan Project and maybe Tsuro of the Seas. Also hoping to play a game of Infinity with the daughter since she has Friday off.
  12. prymus

Do love the Baroque composers, Bach and Purcell being a couple of my favorites, the chamber music especially. Been listening to Wax Fang lately.
  13. prymus

Television: What shows are you currently watching?

Second season of Better Call Saul. Getting ready to watch second season of Fear the Walking Dead. And oh my gosh, who died at the end of Walking Dead?
  14. prymus

Books: What are you currently reading?

I just finished Jason Marks Into Oblivion: The story of Pioneer Battalion 305 and it was an outstanding read. I like that the wartime history before Stalingrad is given in great detail, and the Stalingrad period contains detailed info. Very good book. Now I'm starting Death of the Leaping...
  15. prymus

Spending time with the family playing a variety of boardgames. Mostly Pandemic(very fun game) Dead of Winter(tuff to beat) Bohnanza(fun card game) Manhattan Project, Munchkin(another fun card game) Bang! The dice game, and Coup(fun card game). We also play Wings of War/Glory miniatures, which my...