Recent content by PresterJohn

1. PresterJohn

VBM revealing Concealed units

There are no "real world" arguements in ASL. The best you can hope for is the occasional explanatory footnote.
  2. PresterJohn

Encirclement A7.71

A7.71 FG: The LOS of a FG may penetrate the target Location through more than one hexside; all such hexsides crossed count toward possible Encirclement. It is even possible for a single FG to cause Encirclement. As long as the attacks are in sequence then the FG counts (and gets the...
  3. PresterJohn

Banzai charge

As I read it Impulse Movement has no restrictions on adjacency (as in Platoon Movement). I also do not read any requirement for LOS to the "target", just the rules for the direction of the HW/Banzai.
  4. PresterJohn

VASL Scenario Setups?

I do think it is useful for Starter Kit scenaros to be "enhanced".
  5. PresterJohn

VASL Scenario Setups?

A publicly available file shouldn't have all of the information to play the scenario. There are IP issues to consider.
  6. PresterJohn

Rail Cars LOS

No crutch needed when you have a wheel chair and a mate.
  7. PresterJohn

Soft Ground

Yep, I should have gone back from Water Obstacles and River Depth to Marsh and Water Depth.
  8. PresterJohn

LLMC in CC

Yep what he said. A11.141 "Units in CC never take LLMC/LLTC". (Yous woz robbed)
  9. PresterJohn

Rail Cars LOS

Don't forget to make the train whistle noises.
  10. PresterJohn

Any use for small (60mm or less) Mortars in urban settings?

Now I think about it, I wonder what the rounds per minute rate would have to be before the tube became too hot to put a round down it.
  11. PresterJohn

Rail Cars LOS

We have rules for slopes and rules for pushing wrecks. It will all come together, I'm certain.
  12. PresterJohn

Auto-Reveal HIP Fortifications

Imagine a time where "ftf VASL" is the serious players preferred tournament game environment (assuming a few other issues are patched over) due to exceptional rules management. And those other guys over there at the tables with the cardboard and telling a lot of stories are the social attendees...
  13. PresterJohn

Soft Ground

It's interesting that by flooding the marsh hexes they no longer cause bogging in adjacent hexes.
  14. PresterJohn

Any use for small (60mm or less) Mortars in urban settings?

Absolutely. Image how many smoke rounds those company mortar crews would have to carry for an ASL battle compared to dozen or so they really carried.
  15. PresterJohn

Rail Cars LOS

You have rails and you have rolling stock. Any three year old can show you what happens next!