Recent content by Prester John

1. P

Stairway to rock heaven - Led Zeppelin tune tops rock song poll

At least 99% of all produced music is rubbish. But if you wait a few years the good stuff will move to the top and stay there. It's a good list. I would have some minor alterations but all in all a good list.
  2. P

500 Greatest Rock Songs

Eagles' Hotel California needs to be there.
  3. P

Anyone Know the Name of This Song?

And if you buy the soundtrack CD's they don't have the Rolling Stones version of Paint It Black.
  4. P

Places to buy Campaign Series games

Yes, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the whole World at War set just to have it all in one place. They also have A Century of Warfare at about the same price too, and anybody who only has part of the set may consider buying the full thing all in one go but only if you can't find ACOW second...
  5. P

Carrier Rifle Sect.

Carriers were not very big and not very armoured, but given a choice of walking you might want to take the carrier. Because of their size the sections are more like a half squad. Their advantage is their mobility compared to foot infantry but they can't compete with regular infanty in combat.
  6. P

Board Gaming Clubs

This is a local club. http://au.geocities.com/qldlegs/
  7. P

Flattop and similar game

CV, and not I.
  8. P

American Civil War or Napoleonic

I don't know of any company or battalion level board games for either genre. Miniatures yes, but I don't know about board games.
  9. P

New Wargames Supported by WarfareHQ?

Probably enough to put up a nice link to that forum.
  10. P

A month or so ago Mark H Walker was asking about the possibility of a Lock 'n Load forum. LnL also has a VASSAL module for online play. A few more players from around here wouldn't hurt especially since it seems a few more modules are definitely in the works.
  11. P

Why is World War Two still so popular?

WW2 is a modern era war with many different theatres, and some truly massive battles. The eastern front was able to demonstate all the aspects and phases of land war. There are also a large variety of elite forces which can be used to add colour to the battles. Massive air and sea battles are...
  12. P

Has anyone played Lock 'n Load

I have bought LnL and the expansion module, and they are both great for the squad level infantry war that we saw in Vietnam. The game flows quickly and simply. There are a couple of issues with the brevity of the rules about line of site and elevations but they are supposed to be based on common...
  13. P

Brian King...Anyone What the Hell Is This?

Empty your browsers cache and see if that gets rid of it.
  14. P

World In Flames strikes me as an ideal candidate for "computerising" so as to free up some real estate on the dining room table. Like some other games I've seen I'd be happy if the programmers just made it easier to play WiF play head to head on the PC then on a big table. This means automating...
  15. P

Matrix Says You Can't Sell Your Downloaded Games!

I think the why is that it will be the way of the future.