Recent content by Portal

1. Portal

What boardgames have you played recently?

Valley Games is an Alberta company. I've met a few of their people in the past. I wonder what went off the rails.
  2. Portal

HBO "The Pacific" DVD Box Set: Reviews?

Did Santa drop the Pacific DVD or Blu-ray box set into anybody's stocking? Are the bonus historical features inside worth the price of admission? Thanks for the opinions!
  3. Portal

New Xbox 360 Console Bundle for 2009?

Thx for some helpful posts. I think I'll try visiting a couple of local big boxes and see if they will give me a significant discount on Fallout 3 if I buy it, a 360 Pro, text keypad, and wireless Ethernet connection all at once. Really wish the current gen of XBox 360 Pro came with both...
  4. Portal

The kids can go play Mario on the neighbours' Wii. :smoke: I want to play Fallout and CoD: World at War, and watch some professional downloaded movies.
  5. Portal

I'm just about ready to make a move on a XBox 360, but I can't stand the Holiday Bundle game titles. I couldn't be less interested in Lego Indiana Jones or Kung Fu Panda. Does MS plan to release a new group of bundled games with XBox 360 Pro consoles in 2009? Thx for your help!
  6. Portal

Kreta Review

Wolkey, If "getting it" is just telling you what you want to hear, then yep, I get it. I don't see anything innovative about this linked scenario CG. It's just a tweak on an existing officially published concept. FWIW, Kreta would be an interesting product to me if it wasn't so costly...
  7. Portal

Kreta Review

So because it's a HASL, a linked-scenario CG is an "innovative" concept. Understood.
  8. Portal

Kreta Review

How is following the linked-scenario concept of Annual '90 an example of thinking "outside the box"?
  9. Portal

Kreta Review

I don't buy the argument that conceptually, the Merkur campaign wouldn't be suited to some form of strategically-oriented CG. A souped-up linked scenario system doesn't cut it. A "real' CG for Kreta could have followed the BRT CG model for example, where particular sets of pre-defined German...
  10. Portal

Kreta Review

CGs also make for the best ASL, so it's work well worth done. I still passed on this one for the reason swellington identified above.
  11. Portal

I love the ASL counter layout, fonts, etc. However, the images used for both infantry and vehicles could definitely be improved and be more dynamic.
  12. Portal

From this past week.... WWII-related PBEM: Fighting Wings (Achtung Spitfire scenario using latest FW rules) & Bomb Alley (Second World War at Sea). Both of these games are a lot of fun. I especially like the FoW aspects of the SWWAS series. Non-WWII FtF: Played Hordes (Warmachine)...
  13. Portal

Hold 'Em poker is dull and random. However, stud poker is awesome and involves real skill. BTW - I've been playing Hordes (Warmachine sister fantasy miniatures game) lately.
  14. Portal

XBox 360 Pro 60GB Console w/ Jasper GPU?

Buying a cooler is a non-starter, as the Xbox I buy needs proper heat management in the first place. Does anybody have an answer to my Q? :)
  15. Portal

XBox 360 Pro 60GB Console w/ Jasper GPU?

Hi everyone, Does anybody have any latest word on when Microsoft will ship the new 60 GB version of the XBox 360 Pro console with a "Jasper" smaller GPU unit on the motherboard? I'm holding out on getting a 360 until these ship due to the heat management issues this machine is known for...