Recent content by Poor Old Spike

1. Poor Old Spike

Round2 PeteBlue and Scully Red

The GS forum default seems to be only 800 pixels wide, so if you posted a map or picture at say 1200 wide, it'd get auto-shrunk to 800. Ideally the forum default should be 1200 (like many other website forums) which would just about fill a 28" monitor nicely. Alternatively, a cruder way of...
  2. Poor Old Spike

WW2 photos

Hi guys, dunno if you're interested but I computer-enhanced a bunch of WW2 photos and posted them here- http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?104031-WW2-Photos Example- Panther in Hotton, Belgium
  3. Poor Old Spike

WW2 Photos

I've computer-enhanced most of these pics by juggling contrast/ brightness/ gamma/ sharpen etc and often thrown in a bit of enlargement. Many of the originals were either uncaptioned or only partially captioned, so if any are captionless don't blame me..:) Most pics are 1200 pixels wide but...
  4. Poor Old Spike

Help yourselves..:)

Hi guys, a Gamesquad member (Redwolf?) was kind enough to give me a second-hand graphics card a few years ago which boosted my PC performance no end, but i'm ashamed to say i've forgotten his name or whether he's still a member here. So as a belated reciprocal gesture of appreciation i'd like...
  5. Poor Old Spike

Perimeter Tournament Screen Shots & Discussion

FINAL PERIMETER TOURNEY RANKINGS Red=beat POS, Amber=Drew, Green=POS won. Number to right of dash is POS's score. Figure in brackets is the one that counts to decide the tourney champion, it's the points differential between winner and loser. Listing is in alphabetical order where scores...
  6. Poor Old Spike

And below are all the screenshots covering the battle in chronological sequence (post numbers 91 98 107 138 159 160 193 198) COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills Der Kuenstler's Germans have garrisoned this key wood which guards the approach to the flag in background; my T-34's can't see deeply enough...
  7. Poor Old Spike

DER KUENSTLER WINS THE PERIMETER TOURNEY TROPHY! This hallowed silver cup will be mailed to his home address..:) Here's his endgame screen again, he bought no tanks, just a German infantry army backed up by lots of guns and schrecks which ground my armour down to iron filings...
  8. Poor Old Spike

RESULT JUST IN POS (Ger) wins major vic against Bert Blitzkrieg Berts Russians overan the hills and forest outposts and came within a whisker of breaking onto the airfield.. Without armoured support his infantry can advance no further. (See earlier tank battle screenshots)...
  9. Poor Old Spike

COMBAT FOOTAGE- airfield As my Russian spearheads stream towards the airfield, Red Devil launches a panzer counterattack and knocks out my SU-100 leader.. The Devil strikes, I can't even detect some of his muzzle blasts..
  10. Poor Old Spike

Okay I've just created the Perimeter cyber-medal (below), it'll be pinned to each competitors player stats at Blitz (if they're members and if they finish their game) because I only know how to do it there as I'm Tourney Manager with access to the back office coding. If the Gamesquad or other...
  11. Poor Old Spike

Nah mate, the game's very tough on the Russians, i've lost too nearly every time i've been Russki..:)
  12. Poor Old Spike

RESULT JUST IN POS (Ger) wins Tac vic against Mangus2000 Mangus's Red Army stove in the northern sector of the pocket.. And I was only able to stem his onslaught by committing my panzers to the meatgrinder, here 5 German and 5 Russian wrecks litter the field.. Screenshot post...
  13. Poor Old Spike

Ha ha ha, you and your WaW chums are great jokers mate, everybody knows you all lurv old POS..:) I mean, despite all your jokey banter about POS's tactical posts and screenshots being "terrible" and "misleading" etc, you're still proudly displaying 78 of them in your WaW Tac forum..:) I mean...
  14. Poor Old Spike

COMBAT FOOTAGE- sailing club Mangus's Stalin struts around making threatening gestures towards the club, so my Hetzer waltzes up and puts two slugs into him and he goes down like a skateboarding faceplanter in a Youtube 'Extreme Accidents' vid without time to shoot back.. You bin...
  15. Poor Old Spike

COMBAT FOOTAGE-railstation Mangus's halftracks are stopped by MG, note the MG34's tracer, this halftrack actually blew up! This is worth posting as tactical confirmation that some MG's in CM can make mincemeat of some halftracks.. It took several bursts over a turn or two, but the MG did it...