Recent content by pjh

1. pjh

ASLSK (or simple ASL) opponent wanted (hybrid PBeM / VASL)

Hi, My preference would be to play ASLSK scenarios, especially ASLSK#3 and Decision at Elst. I've now got the rules for Infantry, Ordnance, and Vehicles under my belt, so anything from ASLSK#1-#3 would be great. I also have read the rules for Decision at Elst, although I haven't played a...
  2. pjh

Transition Question: How to calculate Modified To Hit?

Ah! Thanks for the in-depth answers. I hadn't thought to apply the -1/-2 for 1-hex/2-hex to the DRM thus obtaining the "simplified" ASLSK CH numbers for those ranges. More importantly, it appears I'm not missing anything in the ASL rules for calculating TH and CH numbers! Onward to Chapter...
  3. pjh

Transition Question: How to calculate Modified To Hit?

Hi everyone, I'm slowly transitioning from ASLSK to ASL, and ran into something about Ordnance TH in ASLSK that I can't figure out where it is in ASL. Basically, on the TH Charts that ASLSK provides (in #2 or #3), they list Infantry Target Type starting at range 1, then range 2, then range...
  4. pjh

Calculating Base TH # (&Starter Kit)

Thanks everyone. V. helpful to determine where I went wrong and where I went right. I am using ASLSK#2's TH chart for the 37L. Interesting, yes, it appears that ASLSK#2 has 6 5 for ranges 13-18 & 19-24 respectively, whereas ASLSK EP1 has 5 4 for the same Gun.
  5. pjh

Calculating Base TH # (&Starter Kit)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to transition to ASL from ASLSK, and one thing (among many!) has me puzzled: calculating the Modified TH#. ASLSK#2/#3 gives you a handy chart with pre-calculated Modified TH#. But I wanted to see if I had everything right, so I tried to reproduce the work. With 5...
  6. pjh

ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

I'm going to opt out this time around; I have too many PBeM games going and entering a busy stretch with holidays. Good luck!
  7. pjh

SK1 / SK2 VASL 26th, 27th or 28th Oct.

Chicago here. I'm roughly same level. Did SK1 and have about 3 PBEM games started for ASLSK2 and/or ASLSK3. Likely can't do f2f but can do vasl Saturday night and/or Sunday.
  8. pjh

Clarifications on ASLSK3's To Hit DR Modifiers Chart

Thanks again for all the clarifications. In the discussion of CA change, I think my other question got lost. Any thoughts on this: "Case 14 vs. Case 1 vs. Case 16. Suppose it is AFPh. Case #1 says that there is a +2 DRM for "Vehicle that did not move". Case #14 (which is under the...
  9. pjh

Oh, I get it it! Of course you'd only ever do 3 hexspines, either 3 CW or 3 CCW, since moving 4 CW is the same as moving 3 CCW. Duh to me! Thanks for the explanations on that one!
  10. pjh

Ah, then I'm a little confused on changing a CA... and it is called 'hexside' not 'hexspine' I'm now noticing. Anyway, if I click in VASL to CA cw it shifts it a one corner on the hex clockwise. Would this constitute the +3 or would i have to click CA cw twice for it to count as +3? Or am I...
  11. pjh

Thanks everyone. That clarifies I think each one of them. Two questions: Case 8. If I change CA 3 hexspines, is it +5 (+3 then +1 then +1)? If I CA 4 hexspines, is it also +5, or is it +6? Case 14 vs. Case 1 vs. Case 16. Suppose it is AFPh. Case #1 says that there is a +2 DRM for "Vehicle...
  12. pjh

AHa, I think I get it. #1 has: Guns, SW Mortars, LATW, MG & Vehicles 1. Fire in AFPh (+3 if in woods/building) +2 (for Guns/SW Mortar/Vehicle that didn't move) LATW only 12. Avoiding Backblast in building; Fire in AFPh (each) +2 So #1 even though it is under the bold head of LATW actually...
  13. pjh

Thanks for the replies so far! Question on this last one: Would the AFPh +2 DRM on #12 stack with the AFPh +2 DRM from #1? So if it is in the AFPh we'd have +6 DRM (+2 for avoiding Backblast; +2 for AFPH --- both from #12) but also +2 for AFPH from #1?
  14. pjh

Hi, I've played a few turns of vehicles now and both me and my opponent are a little unclear on how to read some of the entries on the chart. I thought I'd just list them off here, and see what people say. If there is a more verbose chart, I'd love to see it: 2. Pinned firer [MG attempt NA...
  15. pjh

ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

Hi, Yep, I'm still waiting for an opponent assignment for this. No rush, though.