Recent content by pirateship1982

1. pirateship1982

What material would you like to see made into a movie?

I think that's a book series too. Sticks in my mind I saw one detailing World War I.
  2. pirateship1982

What material would you like to see made into a movie?

I found out that movies WERE done on the raid at Entebbe. More SF movies with good stories and tactical warfare like what you see in Navy SEALs and Black Hawk Down. Most SF flicks I have seen have stupid plots, bad acting, and include more kung fu than is legally allowable outside a Matrix...
  3. pirateship1982

Anybody? Anybody? Buehler

Nope. A bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops e.g. my workstation..... :laugh:
  4. pirateship1982

Question for a Briton

I was watching footage of the Queen opening Parliament. You guys have a knack for traditions and I saw one I didn't get. Who was the guy who got the door slammed in his face and why?
  5. pirateship1982

Just A Word...

I am thankful for: 1. The U.S.A. 2. Moving to Centralia, MO. Phoenix was too hot and the local government too stupid. 3. My church. 4. The kids I teach in Sunday School. 5. The ACG forum. Other than my uncle there aren't many other people I can have a good historical/political debate...
  6. pirateship1982

Reviewing Alexander the Great

I think a brief mention at the end but nothing more.
  7. pirateship1982

Happy Birthday to.................

Happy Birthday! Don't eat too much cake! :eek: :kotz: :thumup: :laugh:
  8. pirateship1982

Post Election Selection Stress

Okay, I just heard that psychiatrists are diagnosing cases of "Post-Election Selection Stress". People are claiming that because Bush won they are stressed out and exhibitng symptoms similar to, I swear I am not making this up, Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Is it just me, or is our great...
  9. pirateship1982

The battle scene at Gaugamela was what saved it from going on my crap list. When it comes out on DVD you can jump right to it and dodge the cheesy parts. The Hydaspes battle scene had good special effects but I wish they would stop doing that shaky camera effect. It is difficult to enjoy the...
  10. pirateship1982

Oh this is so sad!

And, unlike the bullet, the rope is reuseable.
  11. pirateship1982

Just saw Alexander the Great. My thoughts are 5 stars for cinemetography and 2.5 stars for historical accuracy. They did the Battle of Gaugamela expertly but royally screwed up the portrayal of his Indian campaign, to the point of showing him recieving his major wound at the Battle of the...
  12. pirateship1982

Just saw Alexander the Great. My thoughts are 5 stars for cinemetography and 2.5 stars for historical accuracy. They did the Battle of Gaugamela expertly but royally screwed up the portrayal of his Indian campaign, to the point of showing him recieving his major wound at the Battle of the...
  13. pirateship1982

Christians.

I am a Christian (Non-Denominational) I feel that the extremists Bow is referring to are not practicing the Bible the way it is to be followed. Jesus preached peace and restrained his disciples from military action in conversion. From what I have read, the Bible teaches that nations have a...
  14. pirateship1982

Teaching in England, its Scary, if your the student.

I disagree that evolution is scientifically beyond shadow of a doubt. There is evidence to show that the human gene strand is de-evolving or, more specifically, breaking down. With each mating of man and woman, the strand gets just a little weaker, not stronger. There is theory that this is...
  15. pirateship1982

Killing an Innocent or Executing an Insurgent?

The "these people" I was referring to were the terrorists specifically, not all Iraqis, Muslims, or Arabs in general. I have high hopes for the Iraqis and pity the time they spent under Saddam Hussein.