Recent content by Pip Smith

1. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

Freakingnuishouldnthaverolledthediceonthatoneification (freaking•new•i•shouldnt•have•rolled•dice•on•that•one•fi•ca•tion ) noun Very Very Common the action or habit of rolling a dice something as for something close to worthless that incurs a sniper check resulting in the death of a leader.
  2. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

Ineluctable i.e. I moved my killer stack across the road, he rolled snake eyes. I looked ineluctable and it said "you are s**t out of luck".
  3. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

Pasquinade Lesser known alternate usage: i.e. My 3 squads played pasquinade and were promptly eliminated in CC resolution due to random selection and the resulting fragmentary explosion.
  4. Pip Smith

Rommel, the Bold Swabian

Lieutenant General Sir Leslie Morshead "Ming The Merciless".
  5. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

Must really sting, I mean you came back to this post 5 hours after your first reply. I can see it has been working on your psyche. 😫 Just gotta let go man. It's all good, we hear your pain. 😁
  6. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

Lesser known word: Hexatious ( hex•a•tious ) adjective Line of sight failure to a hex centre or vertex that causes annoyance, frustration, or worry, and just general swearing.
  7. Pip Smith

Clear Hex Grid Map

No, blank as in clear. White background with just hex side lines and hex labels on it.
  8. Pip Smith

Clear Hex Grid Map

Hey Does anyone have a hex grid map for VASL that is just clear of all terrain? Thanks
  9. Pip Smith

Tournament Purpose

Been looking through the Events & Tournaments sub forum ... can't see any posted in there? Are these advertised on a different forum?
  10. Pip Smith

Skulking: what is it's ASL etymology?

I too have seen it result in the high speed propelling of highly dangerous small plastic cubes across a small room, resulting in shrapnel narrowly missing other observers of the sulking. :LOL:
  11. Pip Smith

Skulking: what is it's ASL etymology?

I have no information about the etymology of skulking ASL. Sulking is different. Has existed from some of the very first games from what I can see. Was originally part of Squad leader and developed into ASL as well. Would often occur out of sight, but not always. Seems to be often correlated...
  12. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

i.e. "I fired my MG. Didn't get rate of fire. It fired at Adumbrate."
  13. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

I take the one less travelled ... recieve and unhealthly dose of 36 -5, (-2 FFNAM/FFMO, -2 Ldrm, -2 boresighting). 5KIA result. And yes, Morton is forked.:sneaky:
  14. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

i.e. "Lost against Morton in ASL again today. Morton forked me."
  15. Pip Smith

The ASL Word of the Day

i.e. I remembered that the SAN applied to my opponents shot. There was a cerebration.