Recent content by Philippe_at_bay

1. Philippe_at_bay

Philippe's WDS/JTS 2d flag and unit color mod

Making a few changes is a slippery slope. I started to play a campaign game to see how things looked and I kept noticing things that I wished were different. I've made some changes to the roads, railroads, and pikes in 2d and 3d. This should make them a little easier to find on the map when...
  2. Philippe_at_bay

The mod has been updated to version 1.5. Links in the first post of this thread. There is a new blocked-line-of-sight symbol for medium and large 2d textures, as well as repairs to the regular 3d roads (as opposed to the hand-drawn textures) and the 2d supply source counter.
  3. Philippe_at_bay

All of the 3d textures in the images in this thread showed the hand-painted map, which is an acquired taste. I've replaced all the 3d images except two with the regular map. The hand-painted maps' grass texture is a very light yellowish green, and it smooths out the contours of the map...
  4. Philippe_at_bay

Here's what the 3d flags look like from version 1.4 (link in the first post): The 3d screenshots from the Petersburg scenarios use the hand-painted maps for comparison. (The grass is lighter in color and the changes in elevation are smoothed out).
  5. Philippe_at_bay

Emerson's hobgoblin has been busy. Confederates now use a guidon-shaped Stars and Bars as a 2d headquarters symbol in all periods. The 3d control flags now match the 2d control flags. The link in the first post of this thread will take you to updated version 1.4.
  6. Philippe_at_bay

The base game includes alternate unit textures. Here are some screenshots of the mod in action (grey units, butternut units, historical flags): The mod has been updated to version 1.3a to correct a tiny error that crept in when I wasn't looking. The links in the first post...
  7. Philippe_at_bay

The mod has been updated to version 1.3. The Period I and Period II full size U.S. flags now really do have 34 stars, and the zoomed-out hq flags are now shaped like guidons (Emerson's hobgoblin will be happier). The link in the first post of this thread will take you to the updated version.
  8. Philippe_at_bay

Never say never. The mod has been updated to version 1.2 to correct errors that crept in during the last update, and the 3d movement arrows now look like the 2d movement arrows. The link to the new version is in the first post of this thread.
  9. Philippe_at_bay

The mod has been updated very slightly to version 1.1. The zoomed-out 2d infantry and cavalry symbols now fill their unit counters, and the alternate unit symbol for zoomed-out Hq's is now the traditional star instead of a blank flag. The link in the first post of this thread will take you to...
  10. Philippe_at_bay

ACW 2d flag and unit color mod version 1.0 ------------------------------------------------- This mod represents a bit of a departure from my usual practice. Instead of being a mod of an entire game, it is a mod of one set of textures for all the games in an entire series. I've made...
  11. Philippe_at_bay

A complete list of the links to Philippe's Napoleonic mods

My next re-release was delayed because I kept finding annoying little glitches in the 2D and 3D symbols files that kept creeping back into the mod when I wasn't looking. I have now updated and harmonized three of the Napoleonic mods with the WDS version. These are the Waterloo mod version 6.3...
  12. Philippe_at_bay

Please note that as of this moment the only mods that have been harmonized with WDS are the mods for Waterloo and Eckmuhl. I might get one more out between Christmas and New Year, but the work will start in earnest in January.
  13. Philippe_at_bay

I've been working on other things for the last couple of years so I'm not sure I remember exactly what you're referring to. The bases are redone and repositioned in all of the mods. I don't recall moving many of the units very much, but it would have to be done one pixel at a time on a case by...
  14. Philippe_at_bay

The Waterloo mod has been updated to 6.2 and the Eckmuhl mod has been updated to 5.1 to correct a minor but highly visible and annoying error in the 2D magnified symbols file. The Box links (but not the Dropbox links) in the first post of this thread will take you to the corrected version.
  15. Philippe_at_bay

The Campaign Eckmuhl mod (version 5.0) has now been updated and adjusted to work with the WDS version of the game. The existing Box link (not the Dropbox link) in the first post of this thread will get you to the right place. The mod needs to be installed over a CLEAN version of Campaign...