Recent content by Phil_Draper

1. Phil_Draper

Encirclement

Thank you all for playing. Everyone wins £350M a week for the NHS. 3. Is interesting to me as it is definitely covered by the last c example in the rule book that Doug posted above, but I find it hard to get too by parsing the text. I caught myself out with 4. I was looking for an example...
  2. Phil_Draper

Encirclement

Hi all, Following the excellent recent IR episode found here, I was intrigued by Toby Pilling's tips on encirclement. Below are a number of VASL images that display encirclement situations, I would be interested in peoples assessment of whether consecutive shots from the depicted locations...
  3. Phil_Draper

Street Fighting Question

Hi, is U7 a valid street fighting target if an AFV occupies it and an enemy infantry unit occupies T6 or U8? Apologies on the upside down image, this is a direct crop from the VASL scenario board configuration. Cheers in advance Phil
  4. Phil_Draper

Fox Company at Toktong Pass VASL Map issue.

Thank you! Worked like a charm.
  5. Phil_Draper

Fox Company at Toktong Pass VASL Map issue.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I am having an issue with the Fox Hill Map from LFTs from the cellar pack 8, Sand and Snow. I have downloaded the board file to my VASL boards folder and removed the .zip extension as directed. When I start VASl and go to the board picker drop down menu I see...
  6. Phil_Draper

Albany Tournament December 1st-4th All TD Communications Here

Steve, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post questions regarding the selected scenarios for Albany 2022, so please forgive me if not. I am wondering about a couple of SSRs that raised a question with me, and may, I guess, come up at the tourney. AP177 A Celebratory Mood. SSR2...
  7. Phil_Draper

ALBANY HAS A NEW HOME!

Hi Guys, I am trying to organize a trip up to Albany this year. I am in the US the week before, in Florida for work, and will probably be able to fly up on Friday. I am after some travel advice on how best to get back to JFK on Monday. I have a late flight out, around 21:00 and I would normally...
  8. Phil_Draper

Defensive first fire options vs Boats

😂 Thanks for the reply, and for all your efforts to support ASL. I am a big fan of your article in DftB. Cheers l.
  9. Phil_Draper

Thanks Carl, I was aware that you had made that change in Dinant, and that the justification was at least in part historical (and due to the specific conditions of the terrain of the Meuse banks). I think the Chapter E rules as written cause some serious issues when representing river crossings...
  10. Phil_Draper

Q1. Can defensive first fire be conducted at boats solely due to the act of unbeaching? Boats may be freely unbeached during the MPh or APh. I assume, as this does not require a MP it is not a trigger for Defensive Fire? Q2. Can a boat that declares beaching as it enters a hex be the target...
  11. Phil_Draper

Operation Neptune, River Crossings

Hi, I have finally cracked open ON and it looks great. I was setting up scenario ON-2 Wet Feet and it triggered a number of questions regarding boats and river crossings. The Wiltshires setup beached and loaded on the south bank of the Seine, which is only two hexes wide in places. Q1. Can...
  12. Phil_Draper

Rout Question

Agree, it is a great resource and I visit it often but never noticed this chart before. It only came up as I did a specific google search.
  13. Phil_Draper

Rout Question

The Texas ASL chart is credited to Bill Kohler 2016. It looks very comprehensive, different from the one you showed but may be functionally identical. http://www.texas-asl.com/download/download.htm
  14. Phil_Draper

Rout Question

Funny you should mention that. I had just downloaded a rout flow chart from Texas ASL. It looks nice, I was running through it to see if it supported either side of the current discussion here. Not definitive I know but an interesting exercise none the less.
  15. Phil_Draper

Rout Question

Player omniscience, which you have referenced several times is, respectfully, irrelevant. It is what is allowed under the written rules that is under debate. No where does it state in the rout rules that a unit cannot rout towards a non KEU (unless it has been one previously in the phase). It...