Recent content by pensatl1962

1. pensatl1962

Huertgen Forest

2. pensatl1962

Set up an old TV for VASL.

That is very pricey for sure. Someone will eventually build a knock-off and we will be able to buy on Temu for 50 bucks.
  3. pensatl1962

Set up an old TV for VASL.

Maybe this will be the answer in the near term?:
  4. pensatl1962

Croix de Guerre Counters

I did similar. One labeled “Collaborators” and the other this:
  5. pensatl1962

Looking for Russell Martin

Probably so. Sorry, it’s spring training for baseball here in the States…
  6. pensatl1962

You’re probably right. Big market teams with deep pockets (Yankees, Dodgers, and the f’ing Braves: we’re looking at you) will never let it happen. I’m sure TV revenue agreements also have an outsize influence in all this. BUT, Mark Cuban sold the Mavs so we can hope he “comes back home” and...
  7. pensatl1962

MLB needs a salary cap like the NHL.
  8. pensatl1962

That's our problem, too. Hillbilly owner from WV doesn't want to spend any of his newspaper billions to field a competitive team. BUT we have awesome "promotions" like free fireworks and bring your dog to the park (WTF?!)
  9. pensatl1962

I got excited when I read “Russell Martin”. As a Pirates’ fan we cling to whatever we can. This was 11 years ago…
  10. pensatl1962

ABTF HASL - Why do you hate it? Why don't you hate it?

SME CG III, SaF CG III, KGP CG I, respectively. Honestly, the best “CG” I played in the past two years was Singling. Although smallish and shortish, it was very tight and FUN.
  11. pensatl1962

ABTF HASL - Why do you hate it? Why don't you hate it?

This is the key: it needs to be fun. I’ve played three CGs in the past 18 months and they all ended after the first, second or third campaign date because it was just not fun for one of the sides. No faulty gameplay, just lacked balance and excitement. In all three cases my opponents and I...
  12. pensatl1962

Update on Pierce Mason

AFFF, plus asbestos lagging on the Coral Maru, JP5 in our water...and sitting under a one megawatt radar dome. It's a wonder I could father children.
  13. pensatl1962

Twilight of the Reich Update

Don’t forget Nazi art trains. And Burt Lancaster as French Resistance 1-4-9.
  14. pensatl1962

On the to Bridge(s)

C-rats. Same concept, different decade. lol.
  15. pensatl1962

On the to Bridge(s)

I heard that they also have poutine in their MREs. Can anyone confirm?