Recent content by PaulSof the west

1. P

KW Suicide Heroes HIP Option

Duh, I should try to finish reading a paragraph once in a while. THX, Paul S.
  2. P

KW Suicide Heroes HIP Option

Hello, If a KW scenario (J220 to be exact) SSR states that the “North Koreans may use Suicide Heroes (W6.4)” does that include the HIP Option even though the date is not 1944/45 (G1.422)? I think yes as K6.4 states,”…per G1.1421-1.425…and follows all rules pertaining to such…”. Just making sure...
  3. P

Passengers Loading and Unloading, same MPh

Semenza, You are correct. Just confirming this move in case I get questioned by my opponent. Thanks for the responses. PaulS
  4. P

Passengers Loading and Unloading, same MPh

My dumb-ass 1/2 squad forgot to grab the ATR while unloading from their SPW 251/10 ht. It’s my next turn and they are still in the stopped vehicle’s location. Is there any rule prohibiting the unit from loading, grabbing the ATR and immediately unloading in the same MPh?
  5. P

A Couple Street Fighting Questions

THX again, Scott, I also remembered about that good article A Dose of Antifreeze by Peter Struijf in Journal 12. Maybe my luck will change on the PAATCs; I have failed five in a row. Paul S.
  6. P

Thanks Scott, I forgot to confirm that the above-mentioned pinned squad would still need to make a PAATC before engaging the AFV in the CCPh, correct? Interesting that a pinned squad could jump out of a building (in the CCPh) to CC an AFV. Paul S.
  7. P

An enemy AFV enters a building hex via VBM where a squad attempts, and fails, a PAATC. Can the pinned squad later use the Street Fighting DRM in the CCPh, effectively cancelling-out the -1 penalty to their CCV for halved firepower? If the squad had passed the PAATC in the MPh/DFPh, could they...
  8. P

ESB Breakdown Location

Thanks for the responses, all, In our case, the “current hex” meant the final hex my opponent moved into when he broke down. 😃 As it is too late to reverse time, I have a half squad in Melee with a BU, Immobilized Stug trying to roll a DR4 for a kill. Interesting that you can roll the ESB ahead...
  9. P

ESB Breakdown Location

Where does a vehicle actually immobilize when it fails an ESB attempt? In the hex it was attempting to gain or the one immediately prior? D2.5 states, “…the vehicle is immobilized in/on its current hex/hexside…” The question is where is “current”? THX, Paul S.
  10. P

A Couple OBA Questions

EagleIV, Thanks for these tips. We are playing Venturi Effect (FT244) to work on our OBA rules/strategy as both sides have OBA. I (Ami) just clobbered his right flank with one fire mission and a series of lucky roles (except accuracy [that didn’t matter as it turned out]). We recently played...
  11. P

A Couple OBA Questions

Thanks for the feedback. Klas, I don’t understand what you are saying with your respnse to question 1a. Question 2 was how I was going to play it. EagleIV, from what you are saying it looks like it is best to place the AR out of LOS of as many/all enemy units so as to not having to make an...
  12. P

A Couple OBA Questions

Hello, I have two (and change) questions concerning OBA: 1a) After correcting a FFE:2 three hexes, it drifts one hex and lands adjacent to units out of LOS to the observer but the base level of the FFE:2 is in LOS. Can the FFE: 2 be converted if I draw a black chit or does the target units...
  13. P

Weapons Transfer and concealment loss

Thanks TY. I thought maybe since SW/Gun repair is one of the Case C exceptions that transfer might fall not that too. Doesn't seem like transfer would generate much more attention to the enemy than trying to fix a Gun. PaulS
  14. P

Weapons Transfer and concealment loss

I hit the return button too soon, again. Can a unit that is currently concealed but within 16 hexes of a GO enemy unit conduct a weapons transfer in the Rally Phase without losing concealment?
  15. P

Minefield Question

ibncalb, Thx much.