Recent content by Paul M. Weir

1. Paul M. Weir

BG Counters 45: Skink(a), 6pdr Portee, & Bofors 37 AT:

Agreed both on the relatively few actions involving the original 6 Ton and the the importance of the Bofors AT. Anyway a holy SSR absolves many, many ASL sins 🙏.
  2. Paul M. Weir

You have an excellent point, nitpicking or not. Unlike your subsequent post, I had to think this through. First I have no problem with your item about Finnish Bofors 37mm AT guns having no AP. I suspect that would also apply to the Poles, but that's only a suspicion, I really don't know. The...
  3. Paul M. Weir

At my age little gets my dander up. The closest ASL thing was CH giving the T-54 the armour of a Sherman. Things like the SU-57 having the Soviet 57LL (ZiS-2) rather than its US 57L (M1) are just irritants. A counter to my mellowing reaction to many things is that I have less patience with...
  4. Paul M. Weir

Shoot the messenger

As to war, I agree that war would be a disaster for Spanky, but he would see that as a distraction and a "rally the people moment". Don't forget that this is the person who a year ago confessed to obstruction of justice and recently that he would accept dirt from foreign governments on live TV...
  5. Paul M. Weir

Foundations of the religious right in the USA

I think he's on "leave" for a little while yet.
  6. Paul M. Weir

A very good point. The Wiki article lists a AP-T, APHE-T, APDS-T, HE, P-AT-T and P-HE, P being practice. https://www.jaegerplatoon.net/AT_GUNS1.htm lists "AP-T, APCBC-T, APHE, APHE-T, HE-T, HE, phosphorous (rare)". There is an extra APCBC-T and HE-T round in the latter. I suspect that not all...
  7. Paul M. Weir

Damn, had to dig out that book from under a pile of a hundred or so Osprey Books. New Vanguard 32, Long Range Desert Group, Robin Jenner, David List and Mike Badrocke. 1999, ISBN: 9781855329584 Illustration C1 blurb page 45 gives the carrier as originally a Chervolet WB, later a Ford F30. The...
  8. Paul M. Weir

A9.22 Fire Lane and DR Sequence

There was some discussion about this (ROF applicability) in another thread. ROF only applies as a result of a taken shot. It possibly prevents the placing of a Fire marker, depending upon your DR. If you get lucky then the SW is treated as having not being fired for nearly all purposes (EXC...
  9. Paul M. Weir

Other than spelling "Following thrir replacement with 2-pounders in line units, tgese guns were transfered to the LRDG. If the Bofors 37 AT is being used by the LRDG, the gun has HE9." I'd be happy with that, even HE10 or unlimited HE. If the report is accurate and equal amounts of AP and HE...
  10. Paul M. Weir

As a historical aside: The LRDG took over some of the Bofors 37mm AT after they had been replaced by 2lbr AT in normal line units. One account I read (an Osprey Book, I think) said that their ammo load was 50/50 AP and HE. The HE was to deal with various softskins and bunkers encountered...
  11. Paul M. Weir

American M3 halftrack, inherent squad

I assume you are talking about the MMG/HMG variants, being the only ones that get a squad as part of the deal. As you can chose a full squad or 2 HS, I would always put the choice of squad or pair of HS on the M3. Of course if by SSR or night rules you could be using cloaking counters, in that...
  12. Paul M. Weir

Why I really have a hard time taking global doomsday from climate change seriously

Not in any real sense, you clearly don't understand how irony works. This whole universe could be a thought in my Boltzmann Brain that spontaneously popped into existence from quantum fluctuations in an empty ?void?, the creation of such a brain in itself creating a form of space and time. In...
  13. Paul M. Weir

E1.411 Cloaking Counters

No slice parallel to the base?
  14. Paul M. Weir

E1.411 Cloaking Counters

A squad equivalent is 2 x HS/crew or 1 HS/crew + 5 SMC. My strict reading of the E1.411 text is that it must be a full squad equivalent, IE FRD, to gain a Cloaking Counter. I think if they wanted FRU they would have put an explicit FRU in there. Another consideration is that a lot of Chapter...
  15. Paul M. Weir

BG Counters 44: Stuart SP, 60a Centaur AA Mk I, Centaur AA Mk II, & Crusader AA Mk II, & Crusader AA Mk I

Can't be worse than President Spanky with his most recent "Prince of Whales" 🐳 or his all time classic "covfefe". I do however confess that without a decent spelling checker I would be righly bugared.