Recent content by Pacman Ghost

1. Pacman Ghost

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

The next beta release is now available. Please PM if you'd like to kick the tyres. This release completes integration with the ASL Scenario Archive - the last beta let you search it for scenarios, now you can also update it. Once you've set up a scenario, in its scenario card there is a new...
  2. Pacman Ghost

This program has not been tested with VASL 6.6.0. Things might work, but they might not :-) You don't have to use the same version of VASL to create scenarios in vasl-templates as you to do to play scenarios. Go back to using VASL 6.5.1 and VASSAL 3.2.17 (in this program), and everything should...
  3. Pacman Ghost

Another thought - send me a copy of the file and I'll take a look at it. Don't just copy and paste the contents here, I need a copy of the actual file.
  4. Pacman Ghost

The case I need to know about is the one in the bullet points earlier: Shut down the program, restart it Configure some settings Load a scenario Are the settings still there, or have they gone? Yes, it's slow to start. The EXE is a self-unpacking thing, so it takes time to do that. The...
  5. Pacman Ghost

But is this happening every time you restart the program, or every time you load a previously-saved scenario? Also, try closing the program, editing the INI file directly, then starting the program. Are your changes still not seen? Do they get removed from the INI file? Yes, that's correct...
  6. Pacman Ghost

This is very weird. You're saying that: you open the User Settings dialog and your settings are there you then load a saved setup (.json file) you open the User Settings dialog again, and all the settings have been reset? The settings are saved in C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\vasl-templates.ini, so keep...
  7. Pacman Ghost

Lesson 15 - VASL Templates Basics

Whoa! The 'Ghost likes 👍 You know you've hit the big-time when ASLInRealTime starts making videos about your work :) I know some people much prefer video tutorials rather than the printed word, so this is an amazingly useful contribution. Thanks. I'll update the help to point to these. To...
  8. Pacman Ghost

I wasn't aware of these other people working behind the scenes, so a big shout-out to them as well. The data really is quite nice :-) One of the things I mentioned to Dave when we were setting this up is a hope that the people working on ASL stuff work together and start building on top of each...
  9. Pacman Ghost

Thanks, but honestly, the kudos should be going to Dave. What's in his database is extraordinarily high-quality, almost certainly hand-curated, data. I just grab it and display it. Sure, it looks pretty, but if the data was crap, then it wouldn't be of much use to anyone.
  10. Pacman Ghost

The next beta of vasl-templates is now available. Please PM me if you'd like to take it for a spin. The main feature in this release is integration with the ASL Scenario Archive. Dave Ramsey has kindly provided access to his database, and it is a very rich, high-quality dataset. You can search...
  11. Pacman Ghost

No worries, and thanks for the kind words. The dice analysis feature just finished was a bit of slog, and the thing I'm working on now is as well (although not as bad), so it's always nice to get some good feedback. But yeah, I love coding, and love this game, just have to find some time to...
  12. Pacman Ghost

This is the screenshot you sent me: As you suspected, it has something to do with the webdriver. I think the most likely cause is that you have the 64-bit version of Firefox, but 32-bit version of geckodriver, or vice-versa.
  13. Pacman Ghost

PM sent.
  14. Pacman Ghost

If the screenshot is too big, you might need to crop it down to only show the relevant bit. The scenario file can be opened in Notepad, then just copy and paste it here. Or PM me your email address.
  15. Pacman Ghost

Could you please post a screenshot, and send me a copy of the saved scenario (.json file).