Recent content by PabloGS

1. PabloGS

Dispatches from the Bunker #51 was transmitted today.

And a further question. The Japanese can setup entrenched in a fohxole and/or concealed if in concealment terrain. Does this really mean that Japanese can setup entrenched in a foxhole, and that they are concealed if setup in concealment terrain or a foxhole?
  2. PabloGS

Kewl! Thanks for the quick answers.
  3. PabloGS

Hi, preparing to play Delayed at Cogon and I have a couple of questions: - The Japanese OOB lists 8 Open Ground PFZs. Does this mean that a potential total of 8 hexes of jungle could be converted to Open Ground? Or that you need one PFZ to act as Vineyard and a second as Open Ground so that a...
  4. PabloGS

Creeping Barrage Strategy...

What others have said. It depends on how fast/where your guys need to get. Playing Fear Naught now. Of course one barrage was off by three freaking turns, and then the other was not accurate...
  5. PabloGS

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

Klas, the only man on earth besides Perry who carries the ASLRB in their head for instant reference. 🆒
  6. PabloGS

"Quality in ASL": Some Desperation Morale Spelunking

Very nice article, thanks for penning it Mark.
  7. PabloGS

2nd Edition rules

Sure you can print it. It will have your name actually as FourDeuce notes.
  8. PabloGS

2nd Edition rules

If instead of getting the current eASLRB in electronic form MMP had sold a printed version, the first thing I would do is scan it and OCR it, which would be a pain. If at some point I want a printed version I will just print-out the most recent version of the 700+ page tome. Although I doubt I...
  9. PabloGS

2nd Edition rules

Given that it has the errata included (which is not part of either the pASLRB or the ASLRB) the eASLRB could be called, IMHO, a 2.5 edition of the rules.
  10. PabloGS

AP23 - Agony at Arnautovo (elite Italians? what is this madness?!)

It is a great scenario. I setup my Italians out of LOS to prevent a human wave/armored-assault on the get go for the Russians. Unlike in your case, my 10-2 failed his first MC, CR'ing and dying on the spot, bringing down his whole stack down with him of course. Fun scenario though.
  11. PabloGS

OCS & Third Winter Opinions

As they say, ask two lawyers and you will get three opinions! It is a well established brand with a loyal following, stable rules. But there are many who opine that it is not that realistic in a few areas, such as not using artillery as much (too expensive in supply), having a random double...
  12. PabloGS

Only one pASLRB? I've got three! 🤣 One at home. One at work. Another one in the car, just in case.
  13. PabloGS

OT - Who else publishes war games similar to MMP?

That list reminded me of Butterfield's D-Day solitaire games. They are excellent: D-Day at Omaha, D-Day at Tarawa, D-Day at Peleliu. There is a spin-off D-Day at Iwo done by someone else which has been not that well received.
  14. PabloGS

OT - Who else publishes war games similar to MMP?

It is hotly debated what “excellent” means.:) But some widely respected games are those by Mark Simonitch. Try Ukraine’43 or Ardennes’44 for instance. If you visit boardgamegeek you will find plenty of reports and reviews of games.
  15. PabloGS

It is an amazing product. All the errata, all Chapter H, including the KW, all the charts, all in crisp sharp fonts. At sixty bucks with upgrades and multiple platforms for download is a must buy.