Recent content by Oberst Hausser

1. Oberst Hausser

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Hi, Just wondering if you want to send me any alpha to the LOS. level problem I asked about 2 months ago.. Do LOS work for Off Board Observers ( at level 3) ??
  2. Oberst Hausser

Encirclement- I missed this. Did you?

I hope AI can rewrite it in plain English so that a Rules Forum would be a rare thing ...
  3. Oberst Hausser

RB

No I am not tinkering at the edges I mean to completely restructure the first 4 days to a VoTG format.... So much so that the CCP would take a different form on those days.
  4. Oberst Hausser

RB

Did you ever do a ASL mod called Burden of Command ? Just wondering. Second, the whole RB game is flawed not because its a first effort but because nothing has been done since !! VoTG is the only CG that has taken placement and OB seriously and remains so far unique because of it ...
  5. Oberst Hausser

RB

6. Oberst Hausser

OK well as long as we are consistent -no problem. Thanks for the answer !
  7. Oberst Hausser

Not at all sure that is even relevant, as the 16 hex issue is as stated by someone else not implied.. I have never heard of 16 hexes meaning much ( concealment and encirclement not exactly ADJACENT) , BUT if that is what we are going to play then as long as its consistent no worries..
  8. Oberst Hausser

RB

I have no idea what source the designers chose to use as starting OB for RB... Too few infantry on each side by a factor of x2 . ( Possibly x 2.5 for R) Too few Conscripts ( R should be 40% Conscripts) on Day 1. The main issue is that both sides do not have enough MMC/ SW to form any...
  9. Oberst Hausser

A 7.7 To be considered valid fire, ordnance weapons must secure a hit on the target, and other firers must exert enough FP (taking the possibility of Cowering into account) to possibly inflict at least a NMC result on the target Just two questions: 1) An ordinance weapon ( think 81mm)...
  10. Oberst Hausser

Advancing to factory roofs......in RB

Is it legal? Advance to RB factory rooftop. Also per pp and MP remaining what "cancels" such an advance? Example: 44 7 moves to factory roof ground hex (stairwell, or road entrance) not CX with MMG. In the subsequent advance phase can the 447 advance to the roof? ( with MMG) Same...
  11. Oberst Hausser

Bypass fire options for AFV

ALL I was after is when the AFV is stopped such that an enemy attack against it gets no detrimental DRM. Likewise the AFV can attack with no detrimental DRM . Needles to say that will not be when a motion counter is on it at the end of the Mph. I presume in its DFPH of the (next) enemy turn...
  12. Oberst Hausser

Complete nonsense. "It is Stopped when it spends a Stop point. Immediately." I love to hear about that.... I think we are talking about different things... So a tank changes hex ( lets say 4) and stops ( temp end its movement) and targets (enemy) with no movement DRM... That's what you...
  13. Oberst Hausser

Since this is the general area. When is an AFV "stopped" when it does NOT end in motion? (Having moved that MPh). I would say not until the start of the opposing player turn unless the AFV bogs. In the latter case a mandatory stop.
  14. Oberst Hausser

LOS thread says yes but eyes say no....

Here is a LOS drawn with the LOS thread... Even on normal view one can see a small portion of the building on the other side of the thread, agreed? YET LOS is apparently OK. What is one supposed to do with this ? I'm also a little dubious of some of the level threads where different...
  15. Oberst Hausser

Quick " bump" question..

When a unit moves to "bump" an enemy unit (to strip?) is any shot at the OPEN part of the said location? This is the same if it was bypassing the hex and as it is not yet in the building it seems that it would be momentarily in the open. building [( hex edge) building]