Recent content by Oberst Hausser

1. Oberst Hausser

Some Dinant LOS questions

The board has a LOT of height variation which leads to a lot of "in the air" LOS situations. First of the ramp is to know the extent of the first. Can someone please tell the height of each different colour ..... 2) Do you need to be adjacent to the river to see "into" the river in a G...
  2. Oberst Hausser

German Pack 40 ATG firing

This is from a site called Forgotten Weapons on Youtube. Incredible site. This is actual firing of a Pack 40 AT Gun the only operational one in the USA. ( So I know your going to like it). I am sure this will be a site of some fascination for many members. There should be a dedicated...
  3. Oberst Hausser

Guns out of LOS: can they rotate and keep HIP / conc ?

Quite simple - HIP - > un HIP ( still ?) change CA This is as I said out of LOS.....
  4. Oberst Hausser

Guns out of LOS: can they rotate and keep HIP / conc ?

Given that 99% of things depends on enemy LOS (DM'ing units out of LOS being the 1%), it seems that guns can rotate and maintain both the above. I also wonder if this would be true for spotted mortars as a slightly separate issue. Thank u
  5. Oberst Hausser

Dinant CG (Dennis Brothers)

Can you tell me WHERE the bunkers are on the map? I have been looking for these but as you can't buy them they must be on the map itself.
  6. Oberst Hausser

Will the real PBF please stand up...

Are you trying to say there is no lettuce in the salad? Bounding fire is INTEGRAL to the whole discussion. In any event it seems to go like this. Any AFV that has a motion counter on it ( is still moving) - at the end of its its MPh is immune AND/or Any AFV that makes a successful...
  7. Oberst Hausser

Dinant: Rommel on the Meuse

What time is this for. It can't be the initial as there is no way the French could have 5 roadblocks.
  8. Oberst Hausser

Any vehicle that moved to a new hex cannot get PBF. The table is pretty straightforward on that. It talks about the attacker and defender in this.
  9. Oberst Hausser

Dinant initial French forces.

Are we looking at the same thing. It says 9 X 228. Why does it say this?
  10. Oberst Hausser

Incredably the French did about everything they could NOT to be by the river. Next best is that the fuel for the tanks was in the rear lines and the AFV had small fuel tanks. They even had demo teams there that went back to have a brew, negating any further action. Needless to say AFV out...
  11. Oberst Hausser

Please can you tell me WHAT units you used for the initial I1 forces . It explicitly stated these to be 228. I thought I could read but apparently 228 is not correct. Thank you
  12. Oberst Hausser

DN3 French setup

Where is that part on the 4th group. Can you paste that here please Thanks
  13. Oberst Hausser

Once it is non-Stopped, PB modifiers do not apply (for either the moving unit or the Defending unit) This seems to agree with my thought. So. anything that moved - ex if a v that rolls for motion is still stationary - no PBF is possible. To be clear, an enemy AFV parks itself behind your...
  14. Oberst Hausser

Firelane and cowering

You forgot any enemy unit that enters the hex such as a ht, AFV, berserker.
  15. Oberst Hausser

Immobilized Wagon in Dinant

Thank goodness I have found someone in the Dinant know. PLEASE can you tell me how if the French initial forces of I1 which state are 228 are not. These 4 X I1 are kind of important as to what type they are. If they are not 228 why is it listed as such. Can you send me a log of your game...