Recent content by Oberst Balck

1. O

Poland 1939 second edition

Thank you I very much enjoyed reading this descriptin. The forces at the time ( in the game) seem to be accurate and the description of the battle and possabilities were useful. Also in F&S it is noticable that truck bourne infantry are a lot better than " on horse" . The Polish AFV were to...
  2. O

send me your scenario etc What game is this from?
  3. O

We should talk Hi, I have been doing quite a bit of research on this very topic so we should have a look at this and see what you have developed and where in Poland. I may have some information that us useful for you.
  4. O

Basic Tactics Links

Vftt The View From the Trenches site is quite good. Unfortunatly this has some errors in it but it has some good ideas so worthwhile for new players. Did I mention it has about 20+ pdf's :nuts:
  5. O

Slopes and hills in OV

Hi, I just don't get the slope rules to OV ( ditto: PGP). In the cut out above the slope lines are in hexes P 26 , Q27, R27 and S 27. These hexes - R 12.22 - are said to be " downlslope" and represent a dip to the hexes north of them. These are 3/4 of as level higher than lower terrian...
  6. O

New variant of ASL --> Burden of Command

Hi, Anyone who is a competent player of ASL and is interested in furthering the adventure into into a possably more realistic relm can contact me. The game is near completion and it would be useful if 6 people were willing to spend the time to play it. It DOES have a few rules to learn so if...
  7. O

CC and OVR things

Hi, I am just helping a new game system to do with ASL, and need to clarify what already is / are the rules for ASL in two areas. CC An AFV with ONLY ? enemy units can fire out of its present hex? TRUE/ FALSE An AFV with ONLY known enemy units can fire out of its present hex? TRUE/ FALSE...
  8. O

Some RB questions

subbing out an RB game Hi, I am doing my 350th RB III game, it would be good if once in while I could get a good player to take the Russians so as to add that " hidden " element. Theer is also a new system called Burden of Command, which adds lots of new things to ASL such as subsequent...
  9. O

3 VASL games wanted or 1 RB III game

vasl thanks for the replies. 2 more welcome. Eric
  10. O

VASL improved

VASL 4.2 is an improvement ??? I wonder HOW something as big as VASL 4.2 can be an improvement. The initial file ( a new type) fails to open and resends to a microsoft site that asks in effect "WTF is this extension". The Java Runtime is about 100 MB. ( ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!) Who knows how the...
  11. O

Some RB questions

Hi, Even though I just about live of RB III there are a few things I am a bit hazzy about.... 1) Do the set DC's available in fortifications have to be lready eisting DC's that are then converted? If they are not used can they become normal DC's gain? 2) Can you "bump" fortified locations...
  12. O

Assaulting Fortifications - tactics for attack

fortificaions try here ( my web site) www.git.com.au/~maryferguson It is RB oriented but has some good material none the less.
  13. O

3 VASL games wanted or 1 RB III game

Hi, After a lapse and 3 computer reformats I am looking to play VASL 4 against someone or two or three :) I am in Australia + 8 GMT and would like to try 1 TCP game for anyone within 2 hours or so time difference... Please reply...... I'm desperate for some cyber death and destruction...
  14. O

CC refresher - do we need it ? ( ohh yes )

bezerk and CC It should be noted ( A15.431) " If it moves into a ? enemies hex while charging another unit it must remain in that hex and attampt to elinminate all enemy therin instead." I presume or infer that this would happen when when rubble or other unbypassable terrain ( adjoining...
  15. O

CC refresher - do we need it ? ( ohh yes )

thanks . more comments welcome Thanks for all your comments and clarrifications.. :D I will need to relook at the bezerk rules as I see my ? situaution would not occur with them ( ie: ? are not a target). Any other brainwaves out there keep 'em coming.. :arrow: Thanks again