Recent content by Nineteen Kilo

1. Nineteen Kilo

Armored Trains

Or even the desire to bother learning them.
  2. Nineteen Kilo

ASLOK cancellation - Not One Step Back publication delayed to 2021

"Not One Step Back...delayed to 2021" They really need to revisit the name of that scenario pack.
  3. Nineteen Kilo

S59 Mopping Up

I'll bet that guy had a reputation for Rules Lawyering!
  4. Nineteen Kilo

S59 Mopping Up

The turn of entry and place of entry I am very used to seeing the "and/or" as it means essentially you can split or not, at your discretion, the side/turn your forces enter on. There's just something about seeing it in the VC that have really turned me around. Thanks for the detailed...
  5. Nineteen Kilo

S59 Mopping Up

I guess I'm having some mental block here. It seems "or" is sufficient and succinct. No one would ever say, "You fulfilled both victory conditions, therefore you lost." So ditch the "and".
  6. Nineteen Kilo

S59 Mopping Up

There are essentially two missions to accomplish. "Or" implies either one will garner American Victory - the "and" would be superfluous. "And" implies both must be accomplished to garner American Victory - in which case the "or" is incorrect. Read the victory conditions with only "and", then...
  7. Nineteen Kilo

S59 Mopping Up

Reading through my recently downloaded Special Ops scenarios and I came across S59 Mopping Up. The victory conditions read: “The Americans win at game end by Controlling all buildings on/east of hexrow M and/or if there are no unbroken German units still in play”. Which is it, and or or?
  8. Nineteen Kilo

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I've played both, and would go to Ambush again without a moment's hesitation if the two were presented to me to play. In my one playing of Ambush I was the Bulgarians and was losing, and I could just tell from the forces I had that I should not be losing, which made being behind feel worse...
  9. Nineteen Kilo

Special Ops Issue 1 - Issue 7 in PDF Format

I've downloaded 5 of them and there is more going on (ASL wise) then just the scenarios. There are articles on rules (e.g. Tank Hunter Heroes & Halftracks) and on the game itself (e.g. Singling and Solitaire ASL campaign). Even though I've got some content about games I will never play (or...
  10. Nineteen Kilo

Special Ops Issue 1 - Issue 7 in PDF Format

Silly question. I see there are scenarios annotated as O1, O2, O3, etc. Is the "O" series of scenarios how Special Ops scenarios are labeled, or are the "O"'s for one of the historical modules, or something else entirely?
  11. Nineteen Kilo

Menage a trois ASL, blind play, team play, etc.

I was involved in a blind play game with a referee decades ago (it may have even been SL actually). It becomes a very slow game; only able to move at the speed of the ref. It also alters play. Due to not knowing where the enemy is, the Attacker is naturally much more cautious. Scenario...
  12. Nineteen Kilo

Starter Kit Exp Pack #2 "unboxing" video

Yeah, he talks about deliberately doing it.
  13. Nineteen Kilo

Dice Color in Beyond Valor?

1st Edition Purchased 1988: Red, Green, Blue, & Black.
  14. Nineteen Kilo

Were there geomorphic boards in games before SL?

It really was the ultimate tank v tank game back in the day wasn't it? I found the infantry element not only "wanting" but abstracted to the point that they just seemed to be an administrative function of the game..
  15. Nineteen Kilo

Journals Now Available as PDFs

BTW I don't think the errata was included on the scenario In Romme's Wake. i.e the scenario wasn't updated.