Recent content by Nineteen Kilo

1. Nineteen Kilo

One-sided Sunk/Elevated Roads

If you really wanted to bring the game to a halt you'd add some Kampfgruppe Peiper Slope Hexsides on the the "un-elevated" hexside away from cutout portion of the hill.
  2. Nineteen Kilo

One-sided Sunk/Elevated Roads

Contra-Positive Reinforcement?
  3. Nineteen Kilo

Minimum Range for OBA

Ah ha! It comes into focus as to where the OP is going with this now. Thanks
  4. Nineteen Kilo

Minimum Range for OBA

I like the outside the box thinking, but my gut tells me you are overthinking the situation. If the enemy was 200 meters away, why wouldn't the guns be direct firing?
  5. Nineteen Kilo

Late War British Winter Uniforms

BTW Why am I talking about a Flight Jacket? It is my understanding the Airborne officers were authorized to wear the B-10. Here's a couple images of General McAuliffe wearing one at Bastogne. You can see how short the jacket is in the second image. Of Course Patton is wearing the...
  6. Nineteen Kilo

Yeah, everything seems to be fleece and Gore-Tex nowadays.
  7. Nineteen Kilo

I've maligned the tanker jacket a bit in my post above, and I should amend to say it is great for civilian winter use (going from the car to the whatever building you're headed to), I just wouldn't want to sit in a foxhole in 10 degree (F) weather all night in one. And in it's defense, it was...
  8. Nineteen Kilo

I believe that they were indeed colder than everyone else. As part of no particular coordinated effort, through the years I have purchased and wear several items of WWII US Army winter gear, which I mix in with my wardrobe, to include: Model 1941 Field Jacket, Tanker Jacket, wool 6 button...
  9. Nineteen Kilo

Thanks Michael. It's so odd that all the German and Yank winter jackets are burned into my memory from so many images of the Battle of the Bulge, but I just couldn't remember ever seeing an image of British Combat troops in that Dec 44/Jan 45 time frame. As an aside when you see pictures of...
  10. Nineteen Kilo

Never sell the posters on this forum short. ;)
  11. Nineteen Kilo

Official HASLs & CGs in the works

I gave up on HASL campaign games after buying KGP1 & 2 literally decades ago. They're just not practical for me - too much time consumed, have to be left up, opponents not into it, etc. But this one speaks to me; if it has a large scenario that uses the entire map I'm going to have to break...
  12. Nineteen Kilo

Somewhat answering my own question: This video (reportedly the winter of 1945) shows some windproofs, and even some white snow smocks, but what I'm seeing a great deal of is shearling leather vests. There are two guys who may be truck drivers wearing the old greatcoats ( 3:34 mark) but...
  13. Nineteen Kilo

Question: Were the Brits still wearing Great Coats in the field in the winter of 1944/1945 or did they have a field jacket by then? It seems to me I've only seen pictures of them wearing the wool battle dress uniform with maybe a Denison smock or Windproof over it. Surely they had something...
  14. Nineteen Kilo

landing craft

I've somehow omitted the LFT landing craft article in my notes, but I do reference that LFT #12 has an article on "beaches", maybe that includes the landing craft?
  15. Nineteen Kilo

landing craft

Besides ASL J#9 in my list of ASL articles I have Landing Craft mentioned as being in Critical Hit #2 - I make no comment on the quality of either article, just that they exist.