Recent content by nilsderondeau

1. N

Mapping Tips

Doubtlessly true and I anticipate an addition of new levels as well. Even so, as I was coding this map, I was thinking that the abstractions weren't so awful. Which reveals one of my (surprising) prejudices as a gamer: I don't care all that much about fine-grained models of...
  2. N

Mapping Tips

So my project is going forward. Found some 1:50k topo sheets for Western Kosovo (the Italian zone) and draped them over NASA SRTM elevation date--not good enough for real terrain analysis but fine for my purposes. Now this AOI is on the edge of an uplift. I'm making a large map upon which I...
  3. N

Mapping Tips

Okay, I believe you. Why? Cheers, N.
  4. N

Mapping Tips

Sir, Yes, I have. Seems pretty straightforward. I've also read the thread in which you describe how to set down black lines around your roads, using odd colors while working to better manage terrain, etc. I'm still at the stage where I'm searching for appropriate cartography to...
  5. N

Mapping Tips

Have had an admittedly cursory look around for tips on making TacOps maps. My current project is coming up with some decent looking maps for the northern sector of the KFOR AO. (I'm still hunting for the appropriate cartography, so don't keep it a secret if you know a good source). My...
  6. N

Fulda Gap

Great AAR. I'll look forward to looking through the replay.