Recent content by Nexus6

1. Nexus6

Game of Thrones is so overrated

Actually, I think you're the one who may not know what he's talking about. As the blogger so succinctly noted, the show and books are mean-spirited, heinous, long-winded, where interesting characters get killed and are not replaced by equally interesting ones, and again, GoT's popularity is a...
  2. Nexus6

Television: What shows are you currently watching?

Night Stalker - The show was great fun, though it did suffer a bit from each episode following a standard formula a bit too closely. It's interesting to note that the show was produced by Dan Curtis, also known for producing the original Dark Shadows and Winds of War/War and Remembrance...
  3. Nexus6

Wow guys, I'm mildly relieved that I didn't get as much hate on this post as I had expected. ;) To be fair, I did enjoy and was intrigued by the first season (book and series), but after that found the whole thing start to get too mean-spirited, tiresome and repetitive, and I was really getting...
  4. Nexus6

Came across a post on Rant Lifestyle by Willis Patenaude about why he hates Game of Thrones, and felt moved to paraphrase it here. Couldn't have said it better myself. He nailed all the things that have troubled me for some time about this show: 1) Books overrated too - Verbose...
  5. Nexus6

Just finished 'Terra Nova' and 'The Andorian Incident' from Star Trek: Enterprise. First the bad news: I thought Terra Nova was weak. I mean, cardboard and cliched supporting cast (the bane of the Rick Berman Trek shows), and much if it looks as if it was filmed in some grassland outside...
  6. Nexus6

Watched the first disk of Star Trek: Enterprise, and I'm happy to say that I'm liking it now much more than when it first aired. Maybe it's because I've been playing a lot of Star Trek Online. For one thing I think Bakula was perfect casting as Archer. Very likeable, not too cerebral, but no...
  7. Nexus6

I actually watched the first season last year courtesy of Netflix and enjoyed it very much. The show had great leads (Vic Morrow and Ric Jason), excellent action, and a lot of really good guest stars. In fact I was very much surprised in one episode when out of nowhere a very young Walter...
  8. Nexus6

Just saw Star Trek: Into Darkness

Have to disagree with you slightly Para. The first JJ reboot was kind of fun the first time I watched it, but I was bored with it after a second viewing. It really didn't feel like Trek at all, but rather just another modern scifi action/adventure shoot em up movie, and don't get me started on...
  9. Nexus6

Yeah Red and Trev, like I said, I almost completely missed out on the later seasons of DS9 and the Voyager Borg focus, though I do remember Jeri Ryan in the short-lived retro X-File clone series called Dark Skies. I do need to get caught up on the Cardassian/Dominion war, as they feature...
  10. Nexus6

I was never a big Dax fan. I always got her confused with Susan Ivanova (Claudia Christian) from Babylon Five, whom I liked a lot better. Speaking of B5, the first couple seasons (up to the end of the Shadow War) blew DS9 out of the water. BTW, if any of you have played Skyrim or Guild Wars...
  11. Nexus6

Best first 15 minutes Movie

Of course you are correct about this, as Patton is first and foremost a military biography. That said, I think the war/action scenes in the film were usually short and sweet and served to underscore and give credibility to the story. Contrast this with that rather dull and over-talky movie...
  12. Nexus6

I agree JoKippe, you could tell that both DS9 and Voyager were getting a bit thin after a while. Anyway, one reason I wanted to see Enterprise was that I know that was the show that introduced the Undine. You encounter those guys rather frequently in Star Trek Online. Speaking of Trek, I...
  13. Nexus6

Best first 15 minutes Movie

Patton is such an amazing movie. It is a piece of work like Patton himself. It's one of those movies like Blade Runner and the better Kubrick films that I can watch a hundred times and never get tired of. Talk about goosebumps, I also get them every time I see that stunning 'weather prayer'...
  14. Nexus6

The After

Hmmm. Interesting. This might be worth a peek. Funny how after the collapse of Soviet Communism everyone thought we were now safe from nuclear destruction. To paraphrase/misquote 'M' from James Bond, I miss the good old days of the cold war, we never had it so good. :laugh: Of course...
  15. Nexus6

Yeah JoKippe, like everyone else I was thoroughly engaged by the first season of Thrones, but thought the series took a serious nose dive in the second season. I don't know, I guess I'll get to Season Three eventually, but it's not high on my list of priorities. In any event I'm glad that the...