Recent content by nekengren2

1. nekengren2

COWER

(...taking the possibility of Cowering into account...), ah ok. I have read these rules many times and I interpreted differently. So in this case my wording replace that (paren) with something more explicit.. Any possible Cowering DR must reference the lower IFT column to determine if a...
  2. nekengren2

Hindrance on intermediate slope

Not sure why that would be. The rule clearly states that the continuous slope case would be regarded as same-level LOS.
  3. nekengren2

Hindrance on intermediate slope

Sometimes firing Up-Slope could apply hindrance if it is a Continuous Slope. B.5 CONTINUOUS SLOPE: A Continuous Slope is a change in elevation such that, in each hex successively crossed by the LOS, the elevation changes by one level in a continuous gradient. All rules pertaining to same-level...
  4. nekengren2

C7.346: DC vs. AFV - sanity check

oh man. gonna have to practice my throwing arm.
  5. nekengren2

C7.346: DC vs. AFV - sanity check

WHY would Japanese ever THROW a DC in its own hex? PLACE would seem to be the single choice for my crazy in hex Hero. Adding to the story.................The in-hex placement would always be against the REAR target facing (D3.2). No idea if there are AFV with armored rears but unarmored fronts.
  6. nekengren2

ASL Player Ratings

ummm....each scenario would have a different link. Right now there is zero info about a particular Scenario.
  7. nekengren2

ASL Player Ratings

The new asl-ratings is awesome. good work. Suggestions................ A Page about WHO you are, the GOALS, call to arms, etc. List of scenarios and LINKS to aslscenarioarchive for scenario info. They have been working on soom good stuff there.
  8. nekengren2

Crest Firegroup

ok I'm going with the rule as written....................ADJACENT hexes can Firegroup. All the permutations of Crest Status direction are immaterial. Eagles example of gullies without LOS makes the FG not allowed. Not gonna happen often.
  9. nekengren2

Crest Firegroup

ah. now i see what you are saying. The Location could advance into the other gully location so that makes us qualify for FG. got it. Status is immaterial. thanks.
  10. nekengren2

Crest Firegroup

klasmalmstrom said: Since the "Crest status" position does not create a separate Location, if one could advance between those two depression Locations then they are ADJCENT. the rule says you can't advance from one Crest to another. 20.93 MPh/APh: Infantry may not move directly from one Crest...
  11. nekengren2

Crest Firegroup

Can units in adjacent hexes, both in Crest Status, FireGroup? I think not but I have seen some forum responses otherwise. A7.5 FIRE GROUP (FG): A FG may consist of units from more than one Location only if each participating unit occupies a Location ADJACENT to another participating unit of...
  12. nekengren2

Gully woods LOS

ouch. I didn't know we had B20 Streams and B33 Streams.
  13. nekengren2

MMP Teasers on FB page

Yes, Facebook is a disaster from a Forum point of view. Gamesquad is a great forum with threaded conversations that can be referenced into the future. I try to explain this to organizations/clubs I help with IT admin type stuff but...................too many people are entranced by their...
  14. nekengren2

Cave to lower level LOS

I think I finally understand. So if I was to summarize in a way mere mortals could understand.................. LOS from a Crest Cave always crosses the Cave Entrance hex and follows all normal rules for LOS across Crest Lines (B10.2). LOS exists to lower levels if the LOS crosses ONLY the Cave...
  15. nekengren2

Gully woods LOS

20.41 DRY: If a stream is dry, it does not exist; rather, it is considered a gully for all purposes, which means there NO LOS J9 to J7 since Woods-Gully blocks LOS