Recent content by nathan brown

1. nathan brown

LOS into a Valley - does the small spill of level 0 prevent LOS?

I had read in the forums that the opposite of these answers is the case ie LOS aids blocked for the Dinant board/CG which has A similar topology. Have I read this wrong and LOS is permitted where there is extra terrain jutting into river?
  2. nathan brown

dummies in the first Day of the Dinant CG.

so the CG rules seem to limit the use of concealment between scenarios (unlike other CG refits) by not giving you any for free and restricting the use of purchased ones (to only units out of LOS or a long way away) and not allowing dummies. The question: can anyone see any restrictions on the...
  3. nathan brown

Boats in dinant

thanks. Read all them. I’ll go explicit: about halfway through E5.52 ”if a boat is hit using vehicle or infantry target type it sinks (exc: a three boat small raft is reduced to a 2 boat small raft counter….). It does not say this applies to beached boats. But neither does it say it only...
  4. nathan brown

Boats in dinant

Does e5.52 not state that if it’s Ordanance Direct Fire vs a small raft and it’s hit (in water or beached) it’s just gets reduced not killed. The reduced concept is more against in water targets, but I can’t see where it says if they are beached they are straight up dead. want to be sure...
  5. nathan brown

Dinant. late to the party

Inspired after last nights Tour de France along the Meuse. And playing DN3. And learning boats. Spent a bit of time reading all the posts so sorry if some repition,.. 1) do boats cause units who are loading to use MF (vehicles normally have to be in place at start of MPh to load). Eg assault...
  6. nathan brown

SPW 251/2 Hatten

so the Germans bought the SPW 251/2 MTR halftracks on 10 Jan. On 11 Jan they want to start the 81mm MTR from these half tracks dismounted on board (emplaned etc). Smartest place to leave the now undriveable (?) half tracks is off board. and they also want to buy the 2 MTRS (non motorised)...
  7. nathan brown

leader creation and CC reaction fire.

the leader creation rule (18.12? Nrbh) has CCPh In its title. Does this mean it cannot apply during CCRF in (Enemy) movement phase. I had some French find backbone against a German AFV, pass PAATC and roll 1,1 against in in hex in motion AFV!. Is CCRF not CC? thanks.
  8. nathan brown

LOS rooftops

just checking RO rooftop situation before commencing Xtag afternoon scenario. So this thread is referring to let’s say a multi hex stone building with a square stairwell symbol. If your on the roof your at lvl 2.5. what about a factory with a square stairwell symbol does it get an extra half...
  9. nathan brown

Hat ten perimiter

thanks. We will indeed go with that and I appreciate your patience. Yes I meant A27.
  10. nathan brown

Hat ten perimiter

OK thank you v much. so maybe there is a different way to skin the same cat using the EXC. Can I try a scenario with you and hope you can take the time to look at the map to review. THis is all based on my understanding that a simple loop from GG2 to GG4 would (must) require placement of a...
  11. nathan brown

Hat ten perimiter

OK Home from camping now and a little more time to study this. maybe the answer is a Perry Sez but it's going to be a hard question to frame! the single edge hex loop sounds neat JR but I think it falls down when you say you can't bounce in and out of 2 edge hexes/ 2 sets of edge hexes. That is...
  12. nathan brown

Hat ten perimiter

thanks guys I will chew on that a bit and see what we come up with.
  13. nathan brown

Hat ten perimiter

bump for assistance from Andy Rogers and or Hatten fans and playtesters please. This is holding up the start of CG Day3. please look at the pictures above. His German Afv is outside of my permiter so not isolated or no mans land, and he has two set up areas. And similarly I have two set up...
  14. nathan brown

Hat ten perimiter

Thanks, your incredible...?. Appreciate the help. BUT the AFV was immobilised by a mortar shot and the crew bailed out, took possession of that edge location, and then got back in under fire! He didn't manage to remobilise it, but he did fix the Gun on a 1! Thus my quandry/question with the...
  15. nathan brown

Hat ten perimiter

The the maps been cleared but there was hardly anything out here to block what you see on the board anyway except for edge hex control markers including the one his tank crew picked up that caused all this crossing. Hope this makes more sense.