Recent content by MrP

1. MrP

The British European Referendum

This shower couldn't draw anything up quickly....
  2. MrP

Why are Liberals obsessed with aiding and protecting illegals?

And now he's backtracked on his story...oh actually i meant to say 'wouldn't ' and said 'would instead..... I'm loving watching this from afar ☺ Edit: Just heard it called a 'reverse ferret move' which describes it perfectly....I love learning new terms :)
  3. MrP

Trump - NATO

None that I recall. Like Martin says, Trump may be hugely untrustworthy , but it doesn't mean that America is. But he gives you a bad look to the world . All I can comment on is what I see and hear over here...as I've said many times, maybe domestically he's a god but internationally he makes...
  4. MrP

Trump - NATO

Hovned...if the US doubts that it's allies would come their aid then it's time to get out. Mistrust like that does no one any good. The only answer though is a retreat to isolationism. As a 'former European' it distresses me to see the rancour between allies. As a new kiwi I'm insulated from it...
  5. MrP

Trump - NATO

Quite a rant there, damn yooo-ro-peeens. . Don't blame them for your prodigious spending on a bloated military at the expense of other things in your country. I think it's quite sad that in the space of a year or two, America has gone from our most trusted ally to someone for whom it all seems...
  6. MrP

Trump - NATO

Every nation is duplicitous and self serving. He is totally an asshat and may well have a point, but are you likely to listen and believe when an asshat talks to you?
  7. MrP

Trump - NATO

Not much argument from me Jim. you do what's best for your country. However, treaties are agreements and you have to either honour them because they were negotiated in good faith and not at the end of a gun, or accept that that there are consequences if you break the deal. Those consequences may...
  8. MrP

Trump - NATO

That's not 'pissing off your allies' that's international politics Don.... What Trump is doing worldwide to his allies is very different - sowing discord, casting aspersions, lying through his teeth while sucking up to Putin is a very different beast. America's word is rapidly becoming...
  9. MrP

Trump - NATO

Erm, which European leaders are doing that?
  10. MrP

Trump's Party

As a non American, I always have a little chuckle when you call the Dems left wing. Both parties are far to the right of most mainstream parties in Western democracies.
  11. MrP

Trump - NATO

Alienate your friends seems to be his modus operandi.
  12. MrP

Why are Liberals obsessed with aiding and protecting illegals?

Kids do stupid things. As parents we let the leash loose to help them grow independent. I don't know where my 12yo daughter is at the moment...off skiing on a mountain with a couple of friends somewhere while I'm sat drinking tea in the cafe. That doesn't make me a bad parent (I hope), but it...
  13. MrP

America - in decline or getting better?

Drums, talent and Martin are words which will never go together in a sentence
  14. MrP

America - in decline or getting better?

Well, that went downhill faster than Theresa Mays cabinet....