Recent content by Moriturus

1. M

kharkov 1942

Where can I get the "revised" version?
  2. M

Air Strengths

Can I set fighters on CS to accompany bombing attacks on airfields in the first part of the turn, rest them for the middle of the turn, and then put them back to CS at the end of the turn? Or do the fighters just end up doing basically the same thing?
  3. M

Burning COW

Screw 'em. :angry: They would have made a bundle if they'd kept working with Norm Koger and come out with a TOAW Second Edition with fixes to all of the stuff which honor rules have to take care of right now.
  4. M

What is the best scenario to start with?

I found Malta 42 as the Germans/Italians to be a good introductory scenario, and it has sea landings, offshore bombardment, and paradrops. I played against the computer, though, so I don't know how balanced it scenario is when playing against a human player. Oh, and welcome to the best...
  5. M

Let's all give WarfareHQ a hand!

The link isn't working, but I found the page. Thanks for reminding us! :)
  6. M

PBEM Password Problem

They're already hackable: people have been caught at it. And there's other ways to cheat as well. The anti-cheat safeguards for PBEM in this game are pretty weak. But yeah, I guess we don't want to be publicly posting a potential cheat or hack.
  7. M

PBEM Password Problem

Figured It Out The Hard Way This Time Well, it means the other guy has to re-do his turn because of my stupidity. :( I did finally figure out the password after several hours of typing in various permutations of what I thought it might be. :argh: However, if anyone knows the answer, it would...
  8. M

PBEM Password Problem

I have a problem with a PBEM game I just started: I can't open my opponent's first turn with my password. :cry: At least, I think it's my password: I jotted it down a while back in a Notepad file I use to keep track of my TOAW PBEM passwords. If I can't get this password to work because I...
  9. M

TOAW: Korea 50-51

Feh. Too much hassle. I'm working on impoving the scenario by re-doing the event editor so the game doesn't end as easily: I'm raising the percentage chances of Chinese intervention and expanding the intervention activation zones.
  10. M

The best Toaw scenarios

An issue I have is that I'm a relative newb, having only played 10-20 games (and probably closer to the lower end of that). With such a small sample size to work from, how many am I qualified to say are "best"? :hmmm: Five seems too much, because that's potentially close to half of all of...
  11. M

W2k Problems

Change Compatibility of .exe?! I'm not sure what your friend is talking about. :rolleyes: I installed TOAW-COW on my computer with Windows 2000 straight off the disk and have had no problems. The no-CD patch didn't cause any problems either. He may have a conflict with other hardware or...
  12. M

Hube's Pocket v. 2.0

His name is Fabio Mazzucchelli, and his e-mail address (or was) fabiofotomoto@libero.it. The scenario, with his commentary, is on Rugged Defense at http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenarii/display_scenario.php?Id=87. Perhaps you could forward some suggestions to him.:)
  13. M

Converting Scenario Saved Games?

Is there any way to convert a saved game to play on a modified scenario? I modified Korea 50-51 so that the game doesn't end in the winter of 50-51 if there's no Chinese intervention, and I made Chinese and Soviet intervention much more likely. Since all I did was modify some triggers in the...
  14. M

TOAW: Korea 50-51

Yeah. So the f***ing scenario doesn't end before the fun starts. :angry: My game has just ended at Turn 29 with a draw. Actually, it's ended several times as I try to figure out some way to provoke a Chinese invasion. I invaded North Korea, bombed the Chinese airbases, and bombed the...
  15. M

Cuba 62: If Nothing Else, Different

I played this scenario against the computer when I was a raw newb, so nothing here can be definitive. Still this is an interesting scenario, because it is quite unlike many others in the TOAW universe. The United States player has immense air and sea assets (and perhaps this could be decisive...