Recent content by MKeen

1. M

FP Quiz

1st shot 6fp -2 roll a 1,2 (colored 1) lmg retains rof, you get a 2 kia 2nd shot SFF 4fp also roll a 1,2 or 2,1 get a 1kia.. all units dead
  2. M

KGP1-CG1 question/advice needed

Top of turn 3, Well the Germans hold the Sanitorium. During my retreat out if it I lost 2 squads. My last HIP Bazooka squad flamed a Panther and my two other Bazookas got a MK4 and a FT HT. My retreat went rather well all thing considered I used my 60mm mtrs to lay down a screen of WP. I also...
  3. M

SFF question

Simple question.. An American 6-6-6 has a bazooka with it. The squad first fires at someone and it therefor marked with a firt fire counter and the SW is not. The american decides to SFF the squad at another unit and is then marked with a final fire counter. Question since the Bazooka has...
  4. M

It worked Caught the Germans with a Bombardment when they were all bunched up. Besides turing most of the village into rubble (dice were rolling very high). The Germans lost 4 squads, 4 CT AFV, 1 CT AFV immobilized, and 3 HT. and alot of broken units remained. I still think the Germans will get...
  5. M

Vehicle FT vs another vehicle: To Hit required?

No TH Required No TH DR required just a TK DR
  6. M

Backblast question

Just noticed the rules state that you can eat the backblast or take a +2 TH modifier if on a ground level building/rubble location. So I gather if I am on a 1st floor or the cellar of a building. I do not have any backblast penalties. I think I have been playing this wrong. I normally assign...
  7. M

KGP1 CG1 game 1 now over Well we finished this game. The Germans ended up with 26 LCVP and 40ish CP more than the Americans. So I won as the Americans, however I really dont feel like a victor. Started with 27 S, 9HS,4 AT guns, and 5 AFV. Ended up with 11S, 1HS, 1 AT gun left at game end...
  8. M

PUZZLES #1

Only thing I can see wrong is about the ambush. If a AFV enters a location with a enemy unit Ambush is N/A. Unless I am missing something ambush only occurs when "infantry" advance into a location.
  9. M

PUZZLES #1

Learn something everyday Hmmm, Guess I have played SF wrong. After a reread of the ambush rules, guess Steeetfighting ambush and ambush are two different things. Also noticed however if a AFV advances into your location (ie bypass or something) Ambush is N/A. As ambush can only occur whenever...
  10. M

PUZZLES #1

Time to take a shot at this German Attempt to selfrally broken (this guy is out of the picture) No prep Advance into stream behind building (4mp) Advance phase advance into ground lvl of X1 going CX in the process(6mp) Russian No Rally Fires tank at 10-3 then intensive fires again. You have to...
  11. M

Well not finished with the 1st game of KGP1 CG1, (got to start somewhere). So far we are on turn 6 Def fire phase. I am playing the Americans. My tank reinforcements just arrived bottom of turn 5. To date I have managed to kill maybe 1 German squad. However I have also gotten 1 King Tiger 1...
  12. M

SFF and SW question

from the other list, interesting little discussion, want to see what people here think. Had a situation come up a few days ago. I had a British 457 with a Piat, first fired the inherent FP at a German unit 3 hexes away, another German unit moved adjacent, I subsequent first fired at it. At...
  13. M

questions/comments about artillery

Infantry in ASL is modeled with alot of detail Armor in ASL modeled almost as detailed Artillery..well what happened. Anyone know why OBA is well so plain and vanilla. Actual national capabilities are really not modeled very good. With curent rules you cannot balance a game that has OBA...
  14. M

Point Blank Fire

Has this dicsussion last night PB will not apply to a target that is either in motion or nonstopped Motion and moving are not the same. You are in motion if you have a motion counter on your unit, otherwise you are not in motion. Then all thats left is stopped/nonstopped. Since he expended a MP...