Recent content by MichalS

1. MichalS

How would a supercomputer handle ASL?

That is a good description, thank you. However, "leading to success or failure" is not a matter of a single move - and it highly depends on what the opponent does in response. If you have a good opponent and an unlimited amount of time, you might learn to beat him/her over time (assuming the...
  2. MichalS

Also, how would the AI be supposed to handle tasks that are more or less trivial for a machine (LOS and VBM adjudication, probability calculation, not forgetting a rule or a unit or its capability such as special ammo or smoke capability) but where human players frequently make mistakes? Should...
  3. MichalS

... in other words, rather than talking abstractly about the cognitive load of playing ASL one would have to look at the actual mental operations human ASL players conduct while playing and try to model these. At the same time, since a computer is not built in terms of hardware as human brain...
  4. MichalS

From what I've seen on Go AIs, the human time investment required for developing such a single purpose AI makes it quite unrealistic. At the same time, I do not believe the task could be achieved by a general AI (if indeed there is such a thing). Nevertheless, if it would go forward, it would...
  5. MichalS

Firelane and cowering

I understand this as referring only to firer's location: "only if a TPBF/CC-Reaction-Fire situation occurs", as well as "even if the unit entering the MG's hex does so across the hexside of the Fire Lane".
  6. MichalS

CCV: CONSCRIPTS! Corona VASL-Tournament 2020

Yes, unlucky are those who don't try! :)
  7. MichalS

Rat Pocket Charts v3

Laminated covers and the IFT, TH and TK tables.
  8. MichalS

Ordnance and/or SMOKE before Radio Contact?

Thank you Klas! The ASOP is a treasure trove of surprises.
  9. MichalS

Ordnance and/or SMOKE before Radio Contact?

I recently learned from ASOP that you can fire "ordnance, SMOKE" and MOL-Projectors before attempting Radio Contact in the PFPh. However, when comparing with DFPh, there is one subtle difference - it speaks of "ordnance SMOKE". Beside the (for me) surprising fact that you can try for SMOKE...
  10. MichalS

VBM on VASL maps

Thank you Zoltan! Will try it out.
  11. MichalS

VBM on VASL maps

Is there a way to do hexside clearance measurement in VASL and establish when a vehicle can go into VBM? Thanks!
  12. MichalS

Sad and angry About VASL 6.5.0

I am afraid that "Axis/Communist" tab could lead to confusion, after all the Soviets were communist too.
  13. MichalS

AFV Combat analysis [in spanglish]

Hello Miguel, I think your ideas are sound, however it is somewhat difficult for me to imagine decoupling ROF, ammo availability check, hit location etc. from TH being put into practice procedurally. (The hit location distribution, which was not discussed at length in your analysis, is quite...
  14. MichalS

Triple Digit Club

Sorry to hear that! But nice that you managed to keep contact with the family. In Czechia ASL got going in 2013 with a community of about 10 players. In Slovakia 2 to 3 players started dabbling into the Starter Kits around 2016, but a community has not developed. I seem to be the first full ASL...
  15. MichalS

Triple Digit Club

Coming across your name I was wondering, Honza! Have you ever visited Prague after that?