Recent content by MichalS

1. MichalS

ASL Players in Northern Germany

Hi, I am based in Bremen and currently saddled with a newborn, a meet in Hamburg (or Bremen for that matter) for a short scenario could be doable. If not, let's keep in touch!
  2. MichalS

ASL in North Germany

Hello Torsten, It seems there is a couple of us in the area - I am based in Bremen, Andreas in Bremerhaven, Lars and you, Torsten, north of Hamburg. If we find a suitable location I would be up for occasional meetups or even a regular monthly gaming weekend. Best, Michal
  3. MichalS

Cancelled: Brückenkopf 2023 - ASL Fest in May 2023 in Northwest Germany

Thank you guys! It looks like I will be well received in the area!
  4. MichalS

Cancelled: Brückenkopf 2023 - ASL Fest in May 2023 in Northwest Germany

Those are good news. I am moving to Bremen over the next months.
  5. MichalS

conjunction what's your function?

You mean that my "or" is a logical systems language's XOR - and that for the rules text, we might need both. I have no quibble with that. (I think that "or" to mean inclusive* and "OR" to mean exclusive would have been more elegant, but that is not my main argument.) I am saying that in this...
  6. MichalS

That is indeed correct. To me the formulation with the conjunction is clear, but I understand how it might caused problems for some (I had to discuss this with my opponent who interpreted the VC incorrectly). And I think the cause of the problem - in this particular case - lies partly in the...
  7. MichalS

I don't think so. First of all, CC19 is a building. Second, if I control CC19 and 1 to 2 other buildings, I would still fulfil the first VC.
  8. MichalS

Had a problem recently with exactly this formulation of VC - The Red House (RB7) scenario: “The Russians win at game end by Controlling building CC19 and/or >= 4 buildings in the German setup area.” The funny thing is, CC19 is in the German setup area and the "and/or" formulation just adds...
  9. MichalS

Latest MMP release

I applaud the FW and BFP-tested approach of several boards together depicting one terrain feature. It leads towards terrain configurations which are not possible on a single map board. This particular one seems quite busy, but interesting. Can't wait to try it out. And none, as far as I can...
  10. MichalS

Death Ride Kursk by Grognard Simulations.

Neither bought, nor played. I was seriously considering the Grossdeutschland base game (v2.0 2016) and the XLVIII PzK Enhancements though. I would decide for this one for several reasons, one being that the Totenkopf base game was never updated to the newer rules - the designer started...
  11. MichalS

I think we are seeing the last of the Olympic games

Or authoritarian countries, where the Olympics become a project of improving public image vis a vis the international community at huge costs to the home population (not to speak of additional opportunity to stomp down on civil activists).
  12. MichalS

Supporting Fire 2021 November 19-21

I concur. Would be no-go for me too.
  13. MichalS

Underbelly hits

The snap shot across hedges TSR I think relates not to entering but leaving the hex. The problem is that if the ATTACKER moves from a hex with a hedge hexside turned toward an enemy unit across a distant hexside (towards the back and out of LOS), in principle the DEFENDER can still fire a snap...
  14. MichalS

ASL food

Partisan snacks Wacht am Rheinischen Sauerbraten Marzipan-pan Original Tiger II Sauce Nahverteidigungswaffel Paschenschreck Purple Hull Down Peas Pork Underbelly Hit vegetable side hit dishes Korean Assault Fire Chicken Anti-Personnel Beef Mince Pasta with Air Burst Cherry Tomatoes Strawberry...
  15. MichalS

A7.211 who attacks first in an OVR

A recent play experience: I was just conducting an OVR in a tournament (ASO'21), my Pz38(t)A was trying to OVR Andreas Carlsson's unemplaced gun in OG in Failure to Communicate. Andreas kept getting rate even after I entered his hex. Just to confirm we asked the TD, Michael Hastrup-Leth, about...