Recent content by Michael R

1. Michael R

Add board to game in progress

I often add board 00 to the bottom or right when playing a night scenario and the starshell drifts offboard. It is the only way VASL will automatically "illuminate" the proper hexes of the play area.
  2. Michael R

when is a unit eliminated for "failure to rout"?

Klas, thank you for that info.
  3. Michael R

Exactly; a minefield kept the broken unit in the ADJACENT location.
  4. Michael R

VASL - Questions for/of spectators

Someone said “I don’t think” there is an effect. No one said “I am certain there is no effect”. FWIW, I have never touched any of those buttons when observing a game.
  5. Michael R

Not if it is following the rules as written, IMO. The point is that I think I cannot interfere because my unit will be eliminated for failure to rout before the enemy unit starts its rout. I’m looking for confirmation.
  6. Michael R

The ASOP has the following for the rout phase: 6.2 DURING RtPh: 6.21B Conduct all routs (A10.5-.52; A19.12; E1.54; G14.41); leader(s) may accompany routing unit(s) (A10.711). Broken Infantry in/ADJACENT to Known enemy Infantry/Cavalry might Surrender (A20.21/A20.3) {Interrogation; E2.1}...
  7. Michael R

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

These items are made in small batches by an ASL player. Chuck Tewksbury is handling the selling of the batches. Mine was 45 USD, IIRC. Chuck’s email is chuck-dot-tewksbury-at-gmail-dot-com.
  8. Michael R

FrF58 Order 831 - AAR

I've heard that this scenario can be very hard for the Russians if the Germans put a squad in a foxhole in front of the bridge. Of course, they need to make the foxhole.
  9. Michael R

Carriers and Towing...

By the way, British MAVN U states no towing for some carriers until 1944.
  10. Michael R

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

In my second round of the Sioux City Street Fighting tournament, I played WO33 ONE EYED JACQUES. I had the German attackers against John Otromke. John is playing at a beginner level at this time, so I am happy to say I won the game. The French setup had the area in front of the factory empty of...
  11. Michael R

#33: Second Semi Final

D5.31 CE DRM: A CE counter represents the Vulnerability of an AFV crew to Collateral Attacks. A CE crew is normally entitled to a +2 DRM due to the partial protection afforded by the AFV but some AFV receive (according to their Vehicle Notes) more protection (or less) depending upon the...
  12. Michael R

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Fancy-schmancy phase tracker for FtF play.
  13. Michael R

Spreading Fire from a Blazing Wreck in Bypass to the in hex Building

I used Google advanced search to find it. Had to read through half a dozen threads to find it.
  14. Michael R

VASL Counter Inventory

MapInv.mdx adds a button in the control window. Pressing the button shows the counters on each board individually; if you click on the counter in the window, the map will center on that counter, but unfortunately not highlight it.
  15. Michael R

Spreading Fire from a Blazing Wreck in Bypass to the in hex Building

Klas answered this in 2012: Post The answer was the -2 applies.