Recent content by Michael R

1. Michael R

Hatten - Schurzen/gyros?

I remember reading in a designer's notes somewhere that the gyrostabilizer would move the gun up and down while the tank was moving over uneven ground, and that crews did not want to get hit by the breach.
  2. Michael R

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Erik Lindblad and I played HF4 Liehr Launches First. I set up to take a lot of shots at Germans with -1 or -2 DRM. I had one M10 on each flank in orchard hexes. I had one mortar on each flank in a foxhole in an orchard hex. I put two foxholes near the rear buildings to give me more options back...
  3. Michael R

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

I don't remember ever doing it. I always bring a playlist with me so they have preference for me. Besides, that would not be really "coming from the store", IMO. :)
  4. Michael R

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

I set a new personal record in getting an ASL product from the store to the table. I bought Hatten just over one week ago and I am playing scenario HF4 with Erik Lindblad today. :hellyes:
  5. Michael R

ASLOK....Right around the corner!!!!

Are you using his new gmail address?
  6. Michael R

Smoke SSR?

Interestingly, one of the Hatten scenarios has a SSR for increased mortar WP depletion on its first WP attempt.
  7. Michael R

AAR - J79 - Rommel's Remedy

Okay, so you are forgiven. :) Here’s an idea that you are free to ignore: after writing a post in bold, select all the text and turn the bold off.
  8. Michael R

What are you currently reading?

Just finished Challenge For The Pacific by Robert Leckie. I enjoyed it a lot, makes me want to play Operation Watchtower.
  9. Michael R

Bruno and I finished J175 BEDBURG BITE, a scenario with interesting VC. I had the German defenders. I put the mines in the building hexes in front of the stone buildings. I had the 81 behind a hedge to cover the woods line on the Canadian right. Cdns tripped two of them and got stuck for the...
  10. Michael R

AAR - J79 - Rommel's Remedy

Any chance you could stop using bold font?
  11. Michael R

I watched Black Panther, or rather, tried to watch. I gave up after an hour. Too uninteresting to me.
  12. Michael R

Really enjoyed that. The movie, as usual, did not live up to the book, but I thought it was worth watching.
  13. Michael R

I had the Russians in FT223 KINGS AT BOLLERSDORF against Magnus Rimvall. I tried to squeeze the IS2 tanks by the German infantry on the Russian right. Lost two of them. In turn 3, my last IS2 was hemmed in by three Tigers. It hit one but did not kill. After it died, I conceded since there was no...
  14. Michael R

Rulebook binding. Stood the test of time?

Page protectors and binders, but I don't use the hardcopy anymore; I use an eASLRB.