Recent content by Michael R

1. Michael R

VASL Map Database

Visit BGG for an inventory of ASL boards: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/126366/asl-mapboard-publication-list
  2. Michael R

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I dislike random entry of reinforcements.
  3. Michael R

Soft Ground

Yes that rule does it too.
  4. Michael R

Old but new to ASL

Welcome! This website and the FaceBook group are a good way to find help getting started.
  5. Michael R

ASLOK 2019 Hotel Issues?

Send an email to Bret. He might be able to get special dispensation for you.
  6. Michael R

More "real" SMC names please

I have rarely named a leader in VASL. I occasionally find it amusing to look at the names of the cardboard leaders that I have pulled for a game.
  7. Michael R

does adjacent smoke affect bypass vertex?

I will do that for the benefit of everyone when I return from a trip in two weeks.
  8. Michael R

Thank you all for the thoughtful discussion. I followed the link that JRV gave; that post by Perry definitely indicates the smoke would apply to this shot.
  9. Michael R

I agree, but my realism brain is telling me that the unit is in the open ground of S10. That's why I ask.
  10. Michael R

In the attached image, a German unit is leaving hex R9 by bypassing hex S10 along the S9-S10 hexside. The American unit in R8 wishes to fire at the German unit by having LOS to the vertex S9-R9-S10. Does the smoke in R9 give a DRM to the attack? TIA
  11. Michael R

APCR (ASL Player Comparative Ratings)

I will send an email to Aaron regarding this.
  12. Michael R

An Eastern Front Film that you might want to pass on?

I read the book as an assignment in college. I always remember the passage describing hiding from the Germans by going into the sh*t under the latrines; it was so vivid for me that it triggered my gag reflex.
  13. Michael R

2019 Street Fighting in Sioux City over Labor Day Weekend

Awesome write-up. Thank you.
  14. Michael R

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Magnus Rimvall and I played AP100 COAL IN THEIR STOCKINGS. I think this is a challenging, fun scenario for both sides. Two reconnaissance forces fight for stone buildings, but with a VP twist. The Americans receive two points for each controlled stone building at the end of each game turn. The...
  15. Michael R

Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

My experience has been that Schwerepunkt has one or two articles and in-depth scenario analysis. Rally Point does not.