Recent content by Michael R

1. Michael R

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Magnus Rimvall and I played DB135 THE KRINKERTELWALD. I had the defending Americans. This was either the first or second time I have used Prepared Fire Zones. I used most of them on the right and in the middle and set up the MMG to take advantage of them. My middle gave way first, but I was able...
  2. Michael R

G1.6121 and A23.7

A23.7 states "A Set DC may be detonated using the 36+ IFT column during any friendly fire phase in a subsequent Player Turn by that Good Order unit (or one of its derivative HS, if a squad which has been Reduced or Deployed), provided it is within six hexes and LOS of the DC (but at least two...
  3. Michael R

Are you sick of Korea already?

In the thread announcing the Korean scenario pack, that question came up. Evan answered that the OB is correct; the SSR should state 10-2.
  4. Michael R

DTF-3 True Grit or DTF-6 Magnificent Beasts of Prey?

I played DTF-3 as the Dutch with a fall-back defence, so it did not feel static to me for about half of my OB. Guns, of course, do not fall back.
  5. Michael R

My matches at the 2018 NY State ASL Championship

First match was with Joe Leoce. The scenario was J159 TROPIC LIGHTNING. I bid J0; Joe bid J2, so I received the Americans and Joe lost a 347 squad. Two highlights of this game for me: for the first time, I lost a tank to a Japanese set A-T DC. Cool. The second highlight was a Sherman firing WP...
  6. Michael R

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Just picked up Death To Fascism from Peter in person in Albany.
  7. Michael R

Bruno L'Archeveque and I had a VASL session of YASL07 MAKING A BREAK FOR IT. I had the defending Germans. I chose an up front defence with a plan to self-break back to leaders to avoid CC with the British 648 units. I covered the forest side and the town side about equally with the MMG and the...
  8. Michael R

I finished a PBEM match of BFP50 Alligator Tanks with Jeff Sewell. I had the Americans with a nice selection of toys: several DC, a FT, two LVT with bow mounted FT, and three LVT with turreted 37LL guns. The Japanese have a 50 cal, a regular HMG, a MMG, an ATR and a 12.7 AA gun with trenches...
  9. Michael R

ALL THINGS ALBANY 2018...2016 and 2017 carryover registrants

I obtained the following information from the tournament web page: ALBANY SPECIAL RULES 1- PLEVA OBA rule (includes radio rules) 2- Only one bog DR when AFV’s entering wire hexes 3- No AFV voluntary abandonment unless immobilized/out of gas (EXC-HT’s and Carriers) 4- No kindling 5- Reverse...
  10. Michael R

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

I just added the revised scenario 34 to my "to play" list.
  11. Michael R

Packed my gear for the NY State ASL Championship.
  12. Michael R

Bertoldo

Netflix has a series about several Medal Of Honor receipients from various wars. One episode is about Vitto Bertoldo in Hatten. The episodes are decently done, although the footage used doesn't always match the story. They are using good re-enactments, however.
  13. Michael R

Filed the scenarios from AoO second edition, making a reference note on my original scenarios that have been replaced (from the annuals, action packs and journals).
  14. Michael R

AoO second edition

Thank you MMP for adding more colours to the scenario cards.
  15. Michael R

What TV series are you watching these days?

Shetland, a British series on Neflix. Murder mysteries on a small island.