Recent content by Michael Dorosh

1. Michael Dorosh

Adapting existing campaign games to other battles.

The city boards in Beyond Valor were designed from aerial photos of Warsaw, originally intended for an HASL on the ghetto fighting IIRC. Anyway, what Jan describes already exists, the Platoon Leader rules from Critical Hit. Fill your boots.
  2. Michael Dorosh

Adapting existing campaign games to other battles.

If you're going to take the time to recreate a historical action, why not do the research to get it right? All the MMP HASL have SSRs and terrain rules that model conditions specific to those individual battles (though I'm still disappointed that the manure piles in Singling didn't get their own...
  3. Michael Dorosh

Face Towards Enemy

That was his point.
  4. Michael Dorosh

Help a Fellow ASLer Get to Paris for Work

Hmmm. Nanotechnology. Paris. We all know what that means.
  5. Michael Dorosh

Adult conversation

The forum owner has made it very clear he has no interest in moderating the discussions on this site in general and in particular the political discussions. There is a pinned post to that effect in this very sub-forum.
  6. Michael Dorosh

How to fight a pillbox?

If they're powered by gasoline, maybe.
  7. Michael Dorosh

considering selling my collection

Best way to estimate shipping costs is either to use the USPS website or visit the post office. Package it up first (don't have to seal the box) and then you'll know how big the package is and how much it weighs. Postage is calculated using the size of the box (3 dimensions) and the weight, as...
  8. Michael Dorosh

Why are RepubliKLANs Supporting ripping Children away from their Moms?

It was only recently that Canadian border guards received firearms. There is no military presence. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/border-guards-put-new-guns-to-use-1.689501 A 10-year program to train the guards began in 2007.
  9. Michael Dorosh

This G-7 photo says it all about our doofus president

I haven't said anything about Fanny Mae/Lewis/Nuttername/Yoozername/Mr. Tittles/etc. in this thread, mainly because I've had her on ignore for years. But that abusive signature line will tell you all you need to know about why she is here. Nuttername's form doesn't change. She googles random...
  10. Michael Dorosh

Da Paul Challenge

Your entire post was: "Looks like a one-off attempt as an SP Gun improvisation. The T55E1 had no chassis armor or tracks, the T56 had the 3 " gun mounted with a similar gun shield, but aligned with the breech all the way to the rear of the Stuart's chassis- the T57 had no gunshield at all, to...
  11. Michael Dorosh

Da Paul Challenge

Chamberlain and Ellis list the 18-pounder SP on page 91 of their BRITISH AND AMERICAN TANKS OF WORLD WAR TWO. As expected, it notes "Middle East forces improvisation on at least one vehicle, with obsolete 18-pdr field gun, less wheels, mounted in place of turret." I would surmise that "on at...
  12. Michael Dorosh

Usually when one replies, they address the other person's thoughts. Makes for better conversation rather than a series of monologues.
  13. Michael Dorosh

I don't know why this is addressed to me. I was pointing out that I never said guns were the problem.
  14. Michael Dorosh

Who said guns were the problem?
  15. Michael Dorosh

The way I like is where innocent people don't get shot. Is there another way?