Recent content by Michael Dorosh

1. Michael Dorosh

Clearing The Breskens Pocket with a doubled OOB anybody?

I fear my easy-going nature has once again concealed the razor sharp barbs of what was intended as a heavily sarcastic notion.....NOT an earnest suggestion! :)
  2. Michael Dorosh

Removing (a bit of) luck from ASL

why not just get a deck of 36 cards, each one bearing the result of two dice, distributed per the usual - 1 card with snake eyes, two cards with a 1 and a 2, etc. Instead of rolling, you pull from the deck. Once pulled from the deck, you don't replace it in the deck until you've pulled 36...
  3. Michael Dorosh

BG Part15: RSO Kaetchen & SdKfz 11(A)

oh, 99a - "variant" vice "varient"
  4. Michael Dorosh

BG Part15: RSO Kaetchen & SdKfz 11(A)

I have a KStN for the 65th Infantry Division in Italy, and just to emphasize the Raupenschlepper Ost was not just used in Russia. The 65th had a large number on its establishment, I presume for use as gun tractors.
  5. Michael Dorosh

why so high?

They were drafted.
  6. Michael Dorosh

Daisy chain counter: is there such a thing?

Daisy Chain is destroyed as soon as it used, so why would you need a counter for it? Per B28.531 "A SSR may allow....a Daisy Chain....Such placement is noted on paper...A Daisy Chain...can attack only once; thereafter it ceases to exist."
  7. Michael Dorosh

Total number of counters in AH's/MMP's ASL Core Modules?

The countersheets are all shown at BGG. They're standard layout, totaling them would be trivially easy.
  8. Michael Dorosh

Monkey With Typewriters (Past & Present) *WHERE ARE THEY NOW*?

I published mine in Tactical Wargamer's Journal: http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/scenario.php?id=62052
  9. Michael Dorosh

6.999 Russian Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes - Note J

That would require standing orders that permitted you to burn the vehicle. https://www.canadiansoldiers.com/procedures/tankstandingorders.htm Canadian standing orders above may be of interest. Crews abandoning tanks were required to discharge the fire extinguishers on exit. As for destruction...
  10. Michael Dorosh

ASL at Mount Royal University, Calgary - Sunday March 10th, 2019

I really enjoyed that first ASL day at MRU - a really great venue. I'll try and make it out this weekend and this time perhaps actually stick around for a game.
  11. Michael Dorosh

Forgotten War counters expanded into regular ASL

No reason to disagree, though it would be interesting to know if the issue of the gun was really widespread, and more importantly, if it changed tactics at the lower levels in any appreciable way. In the ETO the Americans had such air, artillery and tank superiority it almost seems beside the...
  12. Michael Dorosh

They also use one in the Bastogne episode where the combat patrol goes out and bumps into the German line. I do believe "Bulldozer" in Sgt. Rock occasionally used one (but only when Russ Heath or John Severin did the artwork - Joe Kubert usually gave him a water-cooled .30, for all the sense...
  13. Michael Dorosh

British colour US SW could be used for scrounged weapons from US built World War II AFVs, though if memory serves these already exist in the ASL system?