Recent content by Michael Dorosh

1. Michael Dorosh

New game in development

Nice photo of a victory parade by Serbians - they are driving a Canadian Grizzly AVGP which was abandoned in the former Yugoslavia, along with some other military equipment, by its Canadian owners. Never heard an "official" story on this one but with only three regular force infantry regiments...
  2. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

It's not about you. :) The question was asked what the creator of this site might have thought about political discussion, I tried to provide some context to cast light on that question. Others may have different memories of the period, I can only go off of memory as not a lot of the "old" site...
  3. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

This is from 19 years ago now. The discussions from that time indicate the site was more of a gaming club for video games complete with ladders. I guess at some point someone had the bright idea to expand the membership by including board wargame discussions.
  4. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

The profile link is to jog your memory, the site looked a lot different back when Don was active and there were a number of blogs which were highly profiled. The site used to have a front page and gaming articles - it actually looked a lot like grogheads.com looks today, with the forum intended...
  5. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

I got the impression that Don couldn't find another outlet/audience for his political views and thus often posted about them here or his gamesquad blog. See his profile here: Dr Zaius | GameSquad Forums
  6. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

There is. You can PM anyone on the site you like and discuss it on your personal page.
  7. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

You've never heard a song, saw a TV show, or read a book about military history? How many ASL scenarios have been inspired directly by a film or documentary? Put another way, music and sports bring people together. Politics divides them. That's the difference. People who support different...
  8. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

GS isn't "big tech", you may be confused about how it is owned and operated. My understanding is Cary paid for it out of pocket and decided he didn't like the harsh tone of the political discussions. I do agree with you on the monopoly Facebook, YouTube and the actual "big tech' has on what is...
  9. Michael Dorosh

Bishop Pointers - A Series of Short Articles on Variety of ASL Topics

At the very least let's hope everyone learned what a stadium (hereafter oval) is. It was disappointing that the exact shade of green for that oval (hereafter thingie) was never specified though. It would be terrible to see the thingie rendered both incorrectly and improperly named.
  10. Michael Dorosh

As noted above, that there is errata which I may have missed before. Honestly, I sit down with the OBA flowchart every time OBA comes up in a game so I suspect we are doing it right since we tend to read through it thoroughly, but I'd have to sit down with both flowchart and the article to see...
  11. Michael Dorosh

Yes, but your encyclopedic knowledge of the rules is well known. I still look up stuff like LLTC/LLMC because I don't play often enough to keep it straight. When I hit something like "green stadium (hereafter oval)" I close the book and flip a coin.
  12. Michael Dorosh

Agree completely. As a master of the run-on sentence I speak from unfortunate experience. Novel writing instructors will tell you that you have to be prepared to "kill your darlings" which means no matter how in love you are with something you've written, you should always be prepared to...
  13. Michael Dorosh

No one else has commented there yet and I'd rather the writer see some positive feedback first.
  14. Michael Dorosh

You know it is ASL when apparently you need 1,200 words on how to move from one box on a flowchart to the next. Or do you really need those 1,200 words? :) This is three sentences essentially saying the exact same thing. "To do OBA correctly, do this!" Love the plot twist. Feel bad for...
  15. Michael Dorosh

GS up for sale again?

There is no single "correct" spelling of color/colour. Which is why no one should rely on electronic spell checkers.