Recent content by Mephisto

1. M

3MiF Boff vs The Purist - German View

Sounds like a good idea! :salute:
  2. M

3MiF Boff vs The Purist - German View

Argh!!! Why, oh why did drop out of this tournament??? Nice AAR, by the way, Purist. :)
  3. M

Looking for 1 Game to get me started

I sent you an email via the WHQ forums with my contact info.
  4. M

Looking for 1 Game to get me started

Hi Geordie! Welcome to Warfare HQ! I'm up for a PBEM - I've got all three CM games, so send me a PM or an email and we'll iron out the details.
  5. M

CMBO: Escoville Triangle - airBiscuit vs Mephisto

Wow! What a surprise! I like the spinny newspaper thing going on at the beginning. What a treat to watch the game. I've always wanted to do that. Thanks for taking the time to put this together, airBiscuit. Great job! :salute:
  6. M

CMBO: Escoville Triangle - airBiscuit vs Mephisto

Wow! Awesome report, airBiscuit! :thumup: It's refreshing to know that I kept you on your toes for most of the battle. I like playing defense, and I tried out some new tactics in our game which, though they may not have achieved the desired result, were successful in slowing you down...
  7. M

The Light Brigade

Yeah, sorry guys. Gotta cut back on my gaming for a bit whilst I get the family in order.
  8. M

CMAK Cross Club Armored Joust! Sign Ups!

Huh! Well, after that enthusiastic pep talk, I vote we place The Purist in the Captian's chair. :devious:
  9. M

CMBO- "3MIF" Round 2

Wow! Bogdan, Absolutely amazing! I knew you and Palantir had a great scenario - but to see the actual sites compared to the game, I'm completely blown away by the accuracy! :D You guys deserve much more than cookies and OJ. Maybe a paycheck? :smoke: Fantastic job! I can hardly wait...
  10. M

Doctor Sinister vs. Mephisto - CM:BB, June 1941.

I sure did enjoy it! It was a lot of fun, and not just because I won. My general plan was to take control of all flags simultaneously, as fast as possible and defend them tooth and nail, which turned out to be exactly what happened. I had spread my forces out from north to south and knew the...
  11. M

When grown up men play with toy soldiers...

Heh, heh. I didn't know the Hulk fought in WWII .... :nuts:
  12. M

Do you agree that Combat Mission is the pc's equivalent of the board game Squad leade

CMBB stands for Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin. I believe that in Europe, CMBB was named Combat Mission 2.
  13. M

Do you agree that Combat Mission is the pc's equivalent of the board game Squad leade

CM and SL are closer than you think Here's a bit of info nobody's mentioned yet: The game we know as Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, had originally started development as a PC version of Squad Leader for Avalon Hill. I'm not sure about the details as to why it never made it to the market as...
  14. M

For us who are new to Combat Mission

Now that I've had a bit of time to think, there is one difference. Both CMBB and CMAK offer a "Covered Arc" option for armor, field guns and MG's. CMBO does not. Covered Arc is great if you're on the defensive and want to set up ambushes ... :devious:
  15. M

CMBO- "3MIF" Round 2

Those durned Question Mark Flags! Gotta ... stop ... the ... advance ...