Recent content by Meeduluk

1. M

ASL Bell Tolls

I played Joe in a recent tourney and I think it might be the only time when I enjoyed getting beat at ASL. I was drained by my previous three games with players not known for their hastiness. Joe was a player who did not faff around – he just got on with it - which was a refreshing experience…he...
  2. M

What counts as Open Ground for winter camouflage?

E3.712 In any type of snow [...] Winter Camouflaged Infantry may Assault Move/advance into Open Ground regardless of range from enemy units without loss of "?". B20.3 Barring other terrain in the hex, a stream is considered Open Ground for TEM and Rout purposes [...]. If the weather is Ground...
  3. M

Double One 2021

Looks like there might be crossed wires here? I hadn't interpreted Derek's comments as being aimed at poor people in Margate (or anywhere else) they seemed to be just a tongue-in-cheek sideswipe aimed at our lovely Joe.
  4. M

Double One 2021

Seconded...big shout out for Derek, Morris and Gary who I know have put in a lot of their own time and effort to source/playtest scenarios and liaise with the college in difficult-to-predict and rapidly changing circumstances. A sweet sherry or two undoubtedly coming their way at DO 2022...
  5. M

Do Conscripts cower with leader direction?

Quite right Magnus, I'm 'The Mick'... the one who diced you on VASL a couple of weeks back ?
  6. M

OK, email sent. I'll keep you posted.
  7. M

So what's the procedure for asking Perry Cocke to make an adjudication, somebody emails him at MMP?
  8. M

I'm the original poster, looking back in the archive this isn't the first time this rule has been questioned. As has been mentioned, there's clearly something about the wording that folk are finding ambiguous. Perhaps Magnus is right, approaching Perry might be a way forward, not least to ratify...
  9. M

Thanks fellas, much appreciated.
  10. M

19.3 INEXPERIENCED PERSONNEL RESTRICTIONS: A Green MMC stacked with an unbroken leader is exempt from the restrictive rules of Inexperienced Personnel, which always apply to Conscripts/Un-armed-units regardless of leader presence. 7.9 COWERING: IFT attacks are adversely affected by any IFT...
  11. M

Double One 2020

Well done gents...a well-deserved sweet sherry undoubtedly coming your way down the Wheatsheaf in Writtle ;)
  12. M

A6.43 Blind hexes and hills

Ok thanks....much appreciated.
  13. M

You're quite right, on map 50, N4 is actually at level 4. Let's say hypothetically the MMG is sitting on a small Level 5 summit just to illustrate the rule.
  14. M

Have I got this right? The MMG at N4 is at level 5. The base of hex P3 is at level 2. The MMG cannot see the 8-1 leader because the P3 woods have a minimum 1 blind hex, regardless of elevation differences. It cannot see the 457 squad IN the depression because for the -1 level in R2, the P3...
  15. M

LFT pocket charts

Ah ok...yes I'll probably do that then...thanks a lot for the info...