Recent content by MCranmer

1. M

Patton’s Best

I had one bomber get into it's 20's, but I've never made 25. This bomber already has lost two pilots who were seriously wounded and sent home, as well as a waist gunner KIA. Mission 8 had to be aborted (although it was allowable to count it toward mission total per the rules) after the...
  2. M

Patton’s Best

I've had Patton's Best for years, and never played it. I do play B-17 a lot (now have a bomber up to mission 10!) but I'm going to have to pull Patton's Best out and give it a try.
  3. M

What's your complexity level?

I voted 5 simply because it was in the middle. In reality, it depends on a lot of factors. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for something quick and fun, other times I like something a little more involved. Also, if a gmes covers a battle/campaign I have a real interest in, I'm more willing to take...
  4. M

What period is neglected the most?

I'm another one of those people who would like to see a new treatment of Pacific land battles. I do have Guadalcanal from Avalanche Press but haven't played it yet. I would really like to see the Panzer Grenadier series or the ATS series take on some of the Pacific battles, especially Tarawa or...
  5. M

What battles are over done?

Speaking of Pacific land battles, I'd love to see a good game on the Tarawa invasion, something on a squad or platoon level, maybe something on the order of the Avalanche Press Panzer Grenadier series. I believe there was an ASL version of Tarawa, but I've never really had the inclination to...
  6. M

What games are you looking for?

I'd love to find a copy of the old Avalon Hill Afrika Corps (I'm partial to WWII desert warfare) and a copy of Team Yankee (can't remember who published it) based on Harold Coyle's first book.
  7. M

On The Table:

Started another series of missions with B-17. Just made it through mission six, and I've already lost a pilot to a serious wound and a waist gunner KIA. Plane hasn't been shot down yet, but there's a long way to go.
  8. M

Who has played Lock and Load?

Got my copy by UPS yesterday. We lost our power in a thunderstorm and just got it back after two days so I haven't even opened the box. Looking forward to trying it out soon.:)
  9. M

Where and how do you store your games!

I have a couple of bookshelves in my office just for games.
  10. M

What would you play next?

Avalon Hill's Air Force
  11. M

Who has played Lock and Load?

I have it on order from HomerGames but haven't received it yet.
  12. M

Vietnam game

Does anybody know if the Vietnam game, by the same people that did Call of Duty (I think it's called Men Of Valor) is out? Also, does anyone know of a good submarine game? I used to have the original Silent Service back in the days of the Commodore 64, and I had the old 688i. Any suggestions?
  13. M

How many games have you purchased but not played yet?

I'm definately in the "shelf full" catagory.
  14. M

Memoir '44

I haven't played it yet, but I did buy a copy a couple of weeks ago. I've opened it and looked it over, but haven't had the time to try it out.
  15. M

What's you favorite Game Company?

My favorite would have to be a tossup between the Gamers and Avalanche Press.