Recent content by mbv

1. M

Close shave for Aufklärungsgruppen

A good read! That torpedo salvo damage on Queen Mary was pretty impressive, i've yet to see any major damage caused by torps in my RN campaign.
  2. M

Torpedoes away

Nice pic! A lucky escape for that DD, any slower and he would have been toasted from both sides.
  3. M

My First Campaign - looks like it is going to be a short one!

Ouch! - now that sounds familiar. I am liking the raider battleship idea which is OK unless you come up against 8+ cruisers or a mix of the full Jap battleship fleet and some cruisers thrown in like I did first time round, then you need to either stand your ground or make a run for it. With...
  4. M

Sounds like you had a good campaign going there. Seems like it is a good policy to knock out some of the Jap cruisers early on as that frees up the potential for some unhindered merchant hunting. Hope you get your game reinstalled OK. I have scrapped my first campaign due to the bug and will...
  5. M

The above campaign has now hit a major bug where the Vladivostok fleet has simply vanished off the campaign map, not sunk just vanished :confused: I have sent a report of the problem and the saves before and after the bug hit me to Norm and Co. I hope they can find a problem and sort it. I will...
  6. M

Not entirely sure as I didn't write them all down before the battle where I lost most of the Port Arthur fleet. I know Pobyeda, Diana, Tsessarevitch, Retvizan, Petropavlovsk and four other cruisers plus an aux cruiser and perhaps three destroyers were all sunk. It was 13 Russian v 18 Japanese.
  7. M

While it might look like I was the aggressive one it is actually the Japanese who are locating my ships and starting the big battles off. Believe me, all I want is to plug the odd merchant here and there and have a nice easy war, but instead of merchants I find Japanese battleships and cruisers...
  8. M

There I was thinking that playing as the Russians would be a leisurely affair. Just send the boys out on patrol and bag a few merchants once in a while to keep the heights above Port Arthur free of the horde. But, oh no, it is nothing like that. This is a bloody slugfest where every task force...