Recent content by Martin Mayers

1. Martin Mayers

Bounding Fire Blackpool - November 2019...

Guys, last call for Bounding Fire Blackpool next months. I'm really concerned about the numbers for this. At the moment there are only 15 of us (including the two organisers, myself and Simon) who have booked accommodation at the hotel. And whilst I have the utmost of respect for those who can't...
  2. Martin Mayers

Ukranian ambassador confirms no aid for Ukraine until Bidens investigated.

It just seems more and more like you got your Mad King George
  3. Martin Mayers

Double One 2020 cancelled

Great news. Double One will go ahead next year. Seems like I, as well as others, had stepped forward in offering our services to keep it going next year. Having discussed the matter with Derek and Simon (Staniforth), Simon and some of the London ASL gang are going to run it for 2020.
  4. Martin Mayers

Double One 2020 cancelled

There will be further news on this shortly. What I can say at this point is that the tournament is NOT permanently cancelled. Just for 2020.
  5. Martin Mayers

Handgun at ASLOK

A guy went haywire with a knife in the Arndale Centre, a large shopping centre in the middle of Manchester where I park my car for work this week. One of the worst incidents of such like happening in a long time. Four injured, one seriously. I'm going to posit that if he had a handgun that...
  6. Martin Mayers

War Stories: Tell your tales from the ASL battlefield

Played a very tight game with my good ASL-friend Gerrard Burton down at Intensive Fire a few years back. The entire scenario came down, in the end, to me avoiding one of my two remaining Churchills getting plugged in, like a full final game turn. Germans had the last turn. Long story short...
  7. Martin Mayers

War Stories: Tell your tales from the ASL battlefield

Might have been me that... Played two days of RB main campaign game against a Spanish opponent of mine many years ago. The building top left corner for the Russians was still holding out but the Germans were poised to take it day three. I'd managed to snaffle a German DC the day before courtesy...
  8. Martin Mayers

The British European Referendum

I suspect the mandate would be no stronger to remain as it was to leave. Which makes the position we're in even worse. Anyway. I've come to the conclusion, probably wrongly as I usually am, that we can't leave the EU anyhow. I think the Irish border issue has us effectively trapped within it...
  9. Martin Mayers

And nor is the UK...was my point. I'll accept what you say about Italy but it is a surprise to me. I use a Stopfordian plumber. We follow the same football team. I don't use any seasonal workers. And my bar tenders tend to be English landlords as I frequent pubs rather than the swanky places...
  10. Martin Mayers

Whilst I'm a remainer I have to say, with all due respect, I've heard this word 'liability' bandied around quite a bit by some of the EU guys and it irks a little bit. Liabilities are countries such as Italy, Greece and their likes. Countries who take, take and take some more without giving too...
  11. Martin Mayers

Well. We absolutely could re-join in a few years. But, as things stand, it's leaving it which is the problem.
  12. Martin Mayers

Impeachment

He's demented. But his supporters don't care.
  13. Martin Mayers

That's not what you said!! You're a really intelligent bloke. And an admirably great ASL player. But you come across as a right prick when debating stuff mate. With the utmost of respect and a smirk on my face of course.
  14. Martin Mayers

Impeachment

You guys might not have heard of him but there is a politician over here called Chris Grayling whom everything he touches he fucks up to the extent that he's the country's running joke right now when it comes to incompetent politicians. I just want to check that you haven't employed him as some...
  15. Martin Mayers

Slightly incorrect... They do agree of course on the fact that the country must leave the EU in an orderly manner. Parliament is working as it should at the moment. Stifling a bunch of extremists.