Recent content by Martin Mayers

1. Martin Mayers

The British European Referendum

The EU would likely agree to it and UK Parliament can reverse the trigger pull. There is very little, bordering on no, appetite within Parliament or the EU for no deal. They want to enact "the will of the people" but aren't quite crazy enough to want to enact that on a no deal basis. Problem...
  2. Martin Mayers

Unlikely. Neither side wants it. Therefore it will all just be delayed until we can, between us, come up with something acceptable to Parliament. Which, I suspect won't be possible, therefore this must all be put back to the population. The population will possibly have changed it mind...
  3. Martin Mayers

Happy Christmas Everybody....

What do I want for Christmas? My grandson Freddie is round tomorrow. We sorted the thorny issue of Brexit out last week. I'm hoping tomorrow to discuss my retirement which is not so far away....
  4. Martin Mayers

Happy Christmas Everybody....

Christmas at the Pound Shop
  5. Martin Mayers

Honestly, in my humble opinion, it's time to stop wallowing and fight back. It's not a humiliation. It's just very very difficult in all manner of ways and the EU are not helping. I have very little time at all for Teresa May but when she strode over to that disrespectful prick Juncker and said...
  6. Martin Mayers

Sorry my German friend....and you know I am a HUGE Germanophile.....I still visit Die Mosel annually But...translation.....German militarism failed in the 1940s......and German economism took over, It makes me sick that Germany and France 'drive the ship'. In every sense of what's morally...
  7. Martin Mayers

Yes...I think 500 years from now, when we talk of the EU 'debacle' that we'll say the same. Thank God for the left wing Labour Party
  8. Martin Mayers

Oooo....hold me down in my enthusiasm for said politico point of view. What utter horseshite. Read the facts....then come back to us and, just for one, post something on this topic which is remotely fucking relevant, or even interesting !
  9. Martin Mayers

Don't be silly. Of course we'll be able to import food. Worst case scenario it will cost a little more. We import bananas from Africa, the Caribean and South America and lamb from New Zealand for fuck's sake. You guys appear to be losing your perspective on this. Roads being clogged by trucks...
  10. Martin Mayers

I'm a rather angry remainer. But listening to Europeans enjoying themselves a little too much at our imminent demise is slowly swinging me in the opposite direction. There are some cretins on here, Tournemires is a prime example, who ought to remember that a lot of us voted remain, before he...
  11. Martin Mayers

I think the EU may have to get a little more imaginative on the issue of the Irish Border...and perhaps appreciate that the 'Irish Problem' has existed a lot longer than most European countries have and isn't likely to go away to make life convenient for the EU. I don't think you need worry...
  12. Martin Mayers

Mate. Maybe you're right. I thought the EU had agreed on it. It's all irrelevant. The whole thing is dead and beyond that I've pretty much stopped listening to all the European testicle swinging. We'll exit on WTO terms. But. I'll just enjoy the irony of a fucking Frog taking the piss out of...
  13. Martin Mayers

It cannot work. It can never ever get even close to being voted through Parliament. Therefore it's fundamentally flawed. Whoever drafted 500+ pages completely wasted their time. The only way this can ever go through the UK Parliament is if Northern Ireland seceded from the Union. I don't...
  14. Martin Mayers

The plan is already agreed by the EU. Problem is it's fatally flawed and can never get past Parliament. The UK wants the EU to make adjustments. The EU won't do so. If nothing is resolved then we exit on WTO rules.