Recent content by Martin Mayers

1. Martin Mayers

Honoring their sacrifices

How much of it's related to the fact that we don't walk round shitting ourselves about the prospect of getting ill and having to call the Bailiffs in.
  2. Martin Mayers

The British European Referendum

Probably a fair observation. I'm a little left but not brainlessly so. I'll gladly accept there are decent right wing politicians in this country. I can see the ones that exist. I do take an interest in listening to them. I watch Parliament every day. I don't consider myself blind. But the...
  3. Martin Mayers

True. But why is that "lefties" (in the UK - I cannot speak for the US) seem so reasonable and just 'pleasant'. Jeremy Corbyn, Vince Cable, etc. Reasonable people whether you agree or not with their politics and affordability of their agendas. The aforementioned Jo Cox, on the left wing of...
  4. Martin Mayers

It's terrible. Having said that, seventy years back our grandads shot cunts like Farage and Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon. When a Labour MP, Jo Cox, was stabbed to death a couple of years back, a number of Farage's cohorts and sponsors came out to attack the husband in the months after the murder. So...
  5. Martin Mayers

Been there...it's how Empires are lost and won. I don't think America is quite ready to give yours up just yet.
  6. Martin Mayers

Very fanciful stuff. The USA has never done anything out of the kindness of it's own heart. It does so, and historically has done so, in it's own national interest. Always. Without exception. Doesn't make you bad. And it doesn't mean that certain countries shouldn't be (more) grateful. But if...
  7. Martin Mayers

Kudos to Irelend

If he wandered into the wrong area of Belfast the provos would kneecap the big orange turd.
  8. Martin Mayers

Protest voting again. No surprise really is it. As I've said elsewhere, millions of people with fuck all (money, aspirations, hope) who are happy to burn the whole thing down.
  9. Martin Mayers

Aye it is. But no deal can't happen in my humble opinion. Parliament voted overwhelmingly against exit without a deal (none binding vote - just like the Referendum funnily enough). There has to be a deal. And they, and the EU, will keep knocking the ball around until somehow, by hook or crook...
  10. Martin Mayers

You can't conceivably get what you want I'm afraid. It literally cannot happen.
  11. Martin Mayers

I don't understand this... Those 'Remainers' put a deal on the table to leave. All it needed was waving through and ... tadaaaa ... we'd have left
  12. Martin Mayers

Gotta be careful of that mate. I had to go back all of around six posts.... "I'll just let other readers digest that as an indicator of your acumen, judgement and wisdom. " I forgot to post you your charts...can you PM me your address again please? It's at work in my cabinet. I'll get it sent...
  13. Martin Mayers

Yeah. We've got a City Council to. Who can decide what they spend the money the Government give them on. And Andy Burnham, who's been sorting the homeless problem in Manchester out. But can't. Because the Government won't give him the money and legislation to do so. Mainly because the...
  14. Martin Mayers

We're not a particularly democratic country anyhow. It's simply not possible to be so with a first past the post system. And we do self govern and self determine. Our Parliament write the Laws we live under. And we are able to elect and boot out those who govern us. And yes, it really is simple...
  15. Martin Mayers

There's some city Government but in name only really as the finances are controlled by the national Government. There's no County Government. And we don't have States so there's no State Government. So it's pretty much UK and EU Government. I trust the EU 'Government' more than I trust the...