Recent content by Major Issues

1. Major Issues

The Kiss

Hadn't seen anybody post anything about this. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Sailor-The-Kiss-Times-Square-New-York-City-NYC-Dies-95-George-Mendonsa-505993941.html
  2. Major Issues

AAR - Killer Kloskowski - DB117

"Invade Russia!", he sez. "It will be fun!", he sez. "You'll be home by Christmas!", he sez. Some people just don't learn from the past. Killer Kloskowski is a February 1943 scenario. I took time out from my training as a cage match fighter to play this against Walt Harrar. He had the...
  3. Major Issues

AAR - Shock At Kamenewo - DB065

Played this at WO with Cliff Welsh. German column of tanks, HTs and motorcycles gets shot up by HIP KV-1s and T-34s, then swarms of Soviet infantry come in, some on motorcycles. Soviets win if they have a squad or tank cross the bridge, and have more CVPs. There are 2 88s, 2 105 ARTs, and...
  4. Major Issues

AAR - Defenders Of Stalingrad - RO3

Played this against Jim Thompson. He had the Soviets. Germans have to hold on to at least one hex of the Martin Guitar factory. Some Soviets start in it, others come at it from two sides. The Germans have some good stuff to defend with, including a HMG, 838s, a 9-2, and a FT. Like Saint Thomas...
  5. Major Issues

armored trains

Last year, I played an old scenario, Gavin's Train, AA19. (Yeah, yeah, I know, it's from CH.) The train was not armored, though the engine was. It pulled flatbeds with an AA gun and squads. In the scenario, the train is stopped. After it starts, it picks up speed each turn. The gun on the...
  6. Major Issues

AAR - Amerikanskaya Suka - FrF98

This involuntarily posted on me before I was finished. Corrected copy is below. This was the featured scenario at Paul's Ferocity Fest in NJ. He has a post on this. There were 12 players. The kewl thing was the score sheet that he had, where you got points for doing things and for various...
  7. Major Issues

AAR - Amerikanskaya Suka - FrF98

This was the featured scenario at Paul's Ferocity Fest in NJ. He has a post on this. There were 12 players. The kewl thing was the score sheet that he had, where you got points for doing things and for various events, liking doing an overrun, repairing a MA, going into Motion, and winning an...
  8. Major Issues

The end of the ASLverse?

Already there are signs that this is The End Of Times, as IIFT devotees like myself are forced to secretly worship in dank basements with the few remaining members of our heretical cult, while the torch-carrying True Believers seek to eliminate us to purify the Family... "Help us, Lord Grofaz...
  9. Major Issues

AAR - The Playing Field - RO6

Played The Playing Field against John Haughey. He had the Soviets. Lots of elite guys. The 120 mm OBA and the FT he had scared me, so I had nothing but dummies in the S38 factory, and did kind of a reverse slope defense in the O36 (Projectile Vomiting) factory. I was limited as to how many...
  10. Major Issues

We Need A New Counter - Hungarian Rockets!!!

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/02/hungarian-toldi-ii-lt-with-44m-buzoganyveto-anti-tank-rocket-launcher/
  11. Major Issues

AAR - Dropping Like Flies - DB011

I messed up the Pillbox rule, but it worked in Walt's favor. If he had been in the woods, I would have shot and broke him with the +1 TEM, instead of pinning him in the Smoke with the +3 TEM.
  12. Major Issues

AAR - Dropping Like Flies - DB011

You are correct. I didn't notice it during play, as it wasn't used except to set up a couple units in open ground before their turn1 move.
  13. Major Issues

AAR - Per L'Onore Di Roma - Q6

Played Per L'Onore Di Roma against Xenovin. (Not his real name. This is an alias he uses, as he is wanted by the Feds for mail fraud and drug distribution charges. But please don't tell anyone.) He picked this because, "It was on top of the pile." My Italian is a little rusty, but I'm pretty...