Recent content by Major Issues

1. Major Issues

AAR - The Meat Grinder - AP41

Since I am now again employed, and no longer dependent on selling pints of my blood for cash, I thought I would share a job hunting secret. Tell your prospective employer that you have intimate knowledge of the secrets of the Illuminati, which you will reveal to them when the time is right. I...
  2. Major Issues

AAR - Silent Bayonets - BFP-117

This AAR is a month late. Having to work for a living instead of being born a Clampett has its drawbacks. Since I had shared job hunting tips as to what did not work earlier, I thought that I would give you one that actually does work, based on my personal experience. Hint darkly that you have...
  3. Major Issues

AAR - The Men From Zadig - OB10

I think the partisans can win. There's not a lot of time, only 1 squad needs to survive, and the Germans have uninspired leaders. I was able to turn the corner on the left with my bold truck assault on turn 1, and that combined with some very bad partisan shots doomed them. I would have put...
  4. Major Issues

FT270 Revenges at Saint Julien

This scenario has problems. With the partisans winning with 12 points off, 5 squads and both leaders run for it, while the remaining 3-1/2 squads and LMG set up to shoot at Germans who try to stop them from running. R7, T8 and X4 are good for this. The partisans can have 5 squads and 2 leaders...
  5. Major Issues

My bad - we played that wrong. We did replace the 337s with two HSs, and it also occurred with the 527s. But even if Walt had broken 227s instead of 226s, they would have vanished after their LLMCs after his 8-1 took the easy way out and shot himself in the head. So the outcome would have been...
  6. Major Issues

Those of you who have been following my AARs may remember that I had been job hunting. The good news is that I now have a job. The bad news is that I now have a job. If only I had been born rich instead of handsome. Though I have been getting a lot of games in, I haven't had time to write...
  7. Major Issues

Scenarios We Need: The Jablonkow Incident

By SSR, the Ott counter gets a special Apology drm...
  8. Major Issues

AAR - Munda Mash - A58

I would play it as written as the Americans in a second. I would have been more aggressive with the tanks - move adjacent and blast with MGs at point blank. Walt made good use of AP shots against pillboxes - his son tipped him off about this little known rule, even though he hasn't played in 20...
  9. Major Issues

AAR - Munda Mash - A58

I have been busy searching for a new career, but I took some time off to play a game with Walt. I have picked up a few job hunting tips that I thought I would share to keep you from making the same mistakes as me: Don’t dress like Captain Jack Sparrow, even though it’s a really bitchin’ look...
  10. Major Issues

Camp Spurlock 2019

"I used Justiciar, he used me, but neither one cared. We were getting our share. Working on our Dice Moves..." For the record, if you came over, I would never, ever make you run miles and miles like a hamster on a wheel. That's not how we do things at The Camp With Issues. Tho the idea that...
  11. Major Issues

AAR - Talon's Grip - ESG123

I have been busy searching for a new career, but I took some time off to play Xenovin. I have picked up a few job hunting tips that I thought I would share to keep you from making the same mistakes as me: Don’t keep referring to yourself as ‘The Chosen One.’ Don’t ask if the company is really...
  12. Major Issues

AAR - Roses for Vandervoort - TAC47 - Redux

I have been busy searching for a new career, but I took some time off to play Walt. I have picked up a few job hunting tips that I thought I would share to keep you from making the same mistakes as me: Don’t say, “If you don’t hire me, the terrorists win!!!” It’s best not to discuss your...
  13. Major Issues

AAR - Raider Ridge - OA30

5 FP??? Assuming Raider squad moved, 6 FP vs. unconcealed Adjacent target, 4 FP vs. Adjacent concealed/ HIP target. For the latter, 5 FP halved to 2-1/2 for Adv. F., halved again to 1-1/4 for Concealed/ HIP, doubled to 2-1/2 for Adjacent, +1 for Assault Fire to 3-1/2, FRU to 4 FP.
  14. Major Issues

AAR - Raider Ridge - OA30

I have been busy searching for a new career, but I took some time off to play a game at Walt’s house. I have picked up a few job hunting tips that I thought I would share to keep you from making the same mistakes as me: Don’t list your mother’s dental hygienist as a reference. Under...
  15. Major Issues

AAR - Roses for Vandervoort - TAC47

I really don't have anything against Shermans. I blame spontaneous combustion.