Recent content by MagpieMartin

1. MagpieMartin

Sniper Activation possible by Paratroops still Airborne ?

Hi All, When using Light AA fire during Defensive Fire Phase against Chutes ( still airborne), I generated an enemy Sniper. My opponent's sniper counter had already been placed on map and we resolved the sniper attack. I wondered later ....... what is the rationale involved when the enemy is...
  2. MagpieMartin

From Night to Day - Cloaked counters during MPh

First time playing with the Night Rules - into the daylight section of the Kreta OM campaign. I am the scenario defender, so as my opponent continues to move still cloaked units, do I treat them as 'normal' concealed units ? If so, do they revert to normal MF allotment ( not cloaked 6 MF) ...
  3. MagpieMartin

ATR versus emplaced Gun - C11.52 - how to resolve the fire ?

Wow, That's all so clear and concise - thanks so much both of you - that brought it all together so well even I can understand it :) As you've probably guessed, I didn't understand enough of the process to start with - at the time, all I was trying to do was target the GUN rather than the crew...
  4. MagpieMartin

ATR versus emplaced Gun - C11.52 - how to resolve the fire ?

Hi again, Situation : I fired a HS's ATR at a crew AA Gun at range 2 hexes. I assumed this was legal due to ............ quote .... 13.2 ANTITANK RIFLE (ATR): An ATR is a SW which uses the C3 To Hit Table and the C7.31 AP To Kill Table to resolve its hits I rolled Snake-eyes. Does this...
  5. MagpieMartin

Hatten-in-Flames Campaign Question - off-map setup & RGs

Thanks for your input - that's what I thought. Maybe I'm being too concerned with possible EXCs, rather than adopting standard procedure !
  6. MagpieMartin

Hatten-in-Flames Campaign Question - off-map setup & RGs

Hi, just want to be sure I have the correct understanding of 3.4 (Special Rules - CG8 REINFORCEMENTS) CG1 Initial Scenario - we have the printed OB forces for both sides - the Germans may set up any/all of this listed OB on the map set up as noted - or enter any/all as Reinforcements. Those...
  7. MagpieMartin

LOS L3 over Orchard L2 - Blocked or not?

Thanks Eagle - I was 99% certain - but needed to be absolutely sure as this possibility will crop up all over the board during the Kreta OM Campaign On the slope issue - I need to refresh my understanding. seems a little more complex :) M
  8. MagpieMartin

LOS L3 over Orchard L2 - Blocked or not?

Hi Folks, Here's the position - Kreta map - Am I correct in thinking that the Orchard in Season in hexes M29/N28 blocks LOS from the Gun to the unit in O26 ( as it kinda represents the plateau effect). Also, would the German unit apply the +1drm slope to incoming fire ? Thanks in advance Martin
  9. MagpieMartin

Unloading from Gliders - AFPh - Concealment question

The aspect I forgot of course is that the river bed is not Concealment terrain, so the units will have to roll for re-concealment. I just thought it gave too much Intel to the opponent, in view of the fact that the enemy units largely have no LOS to the landed gliders Thanks for the input :)
  10. MagpieMartin

Unloading from Gliders - AFPh - Concealment question

Hi All, The case in point refers to Kreta OM-1, OM-2, where the German Gliders will unload their contents during the AFPh. In this module, most will land in the dry river bed, which is a -1 Level terrain, and the majority of the defending Anzacs will NOT have a LOS to the Gliders in a river bed...
  11. MagpieMartin

Scenario setup - Terrain SSR with Overlays

Thanks to you both for your input. Nothing's perfect !
  12. MagpieMartin

Scenario setup - Terrain SSR with Overlays

Hi, Setting up Nordic Twilight on VASL : I went through the board generation procedure - cropping and following up with the Terrain changes, to use the Winter (snow) boards. When adding the Overlays subsequently, the added building overlays were standard (green background) overlays. Is there...
  13. MagpieMartin

Hatten in Flames - pbem

Thanks to all responders - game request now closed.
  14. MagpieMartin

Hatten in Flames - pbem

Hi, Played HF1 - now looking to try one of the other scenarios. Easy pace but can usually check logs on a daily basis. No preference regarding nationality. You can email me directly on mackfabre264@gmail.com Regards, Martin
  15. MagpieMartin

(Closed) PBEM wanted

Good News ! But I prefer to use email for further communication if that's OPK with you. Can you send me a mail at :- mackfabre264@gmail.com and we can discuss our preferences and sort out some suitable scenarios: Take care, Martin