Recent content by lightspeed

1. lightspeed

A2.4 and B.1 terrain movement costs

My page K3 (c 2005 by MMP) says, in the right column, paragraph with a square: How many MF did that last MPh use? "Five, Drill Sergeant." Correct. I brought you down here because I want to show you hex 19. It is unusual because it contains both woods and a building. The cost to enter hexes...
  2. lightspeed

What Makes A Good AAR?

I'm with Jim...too much detail is really unnecessary. The general plan and how it went (with a few key highlights) is sufficient for me. Also, please hit return a few times. When I see an AAR that is a massive block of text, I don't bother trying to read it. Good luck! indy
  3. lightspeed

Fire Lane. Has there been a change?

Agreed. I think that a lot of players forget that if ASL is modelling anything, it is the effect, not the cause. indy
  4. lightspeed

#41 J170 Red Churchills

Another interesting and entertaining episode! Thanks for that, and a happy belated birthday to Dave! indy
  5. lightspeed

Post Your Results for Rally Point 18: The French Army: Friend and Foe on ROAR

Not to mention ASL Scenario Archive: https://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/index.php indy
  6. lightspeed

Intensive Fire of MA during Defensive Final Fire?

Yes, it does make sense to me now...well, I might be lying (and I'm just used to it), but I'm fine with it as the rule is quite clear. I was a-mazed at what I discovered when I started reading the rules carefully! indy
  7. lightspeed

Intensive Fire of MA during Defensive Final Fire?

I find this rule a bit puzzling as it makes final fire for the defender and prep fire for the attacker different...I had it in my head they were analogous. the good thing is that the rule is crystal clear. indy
  8. lightspeed

Altering songs for ASL: The Weird Al Effect

Rangers in the Night. A Hard Day's Fight. Rout, Rout Away.
  9. lightspeed

Area target type/area fire & halfling of ordnance hits

Exactly. It is a pity the word Area appears in both. Someone (whose name I cannot remember) once suggested that maybe "Hex Fire" and "Area Target Type" would have been enough to differentiate the two. Alas, they were over forty years late. indy
  10. lightspeed

#39: Eight Million Bayonets

Nailed it. The cool factor would be enough for me to buy them. indy
  11. lightspeed

#39: Eight Million Bayonets

Another very entertaining episode...I thought the ideas for MMP were very interesting. I, too, would pay for personalised leaders. BTW, Gerry is doing all of the work for Alberta Assault this year. During the AAR, I caught myself hovering my mouse over top of a stack to see what was in...
  12. lightspeed

weather oddities

Wait a minute. Waaaait a minute! There was a time before cell phones?! :) indy
  13. lightspeed

weather oddities

Please tell us you took a photo of the board! indy
  14. lightspeed

weather oddities

Judging by scenarios, I think the strangest weather anomaly is that between 1939 and 1945 in Europe, something like 95% of the time the weather was moderate with no wind... indy
  15. lightspeed

Is this cheating?

Fair enough...I would guess you know about popcorn? Get some! :) indy