L`zard
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "Nah, I think I got it the first time....it's a problem of 'subject material' and focus, in my view, eh?"

I'm not so certain about that. I think it is more testing regime and standards of quality. In TOAW/TacOPs, the bugs are relatively minor. When the games were released, they worked. (Weapons fired, planes flew, infantry did not attempt to swim the Channel... ;))

The same cannot be said for Harpoon. When Harpoon was released, about the only thing that could be said for it was, "Doesn't CTD (generally)." So, TacOPs programmers could incorporate/handle Harpoon code, but I'm pretty certain it wouldn't work so well the other way around. :(

But we can dream... :)
    I thinkt that you may have misunderstood me. The general idea behind Harpoon is sound. the problem is with the developers. The more they try to add to Harpoon, the more problems they create. If ToAW or TacOps wanted to incorporate a game like Harpoon, they have proven far more competent/capable than the Harpoon developers. So, if the ToAW/TacOps developers added Harpoon to 'their' games, I would be confident that it would work in the end.

If the Harpoon developers were to buy the ToAW/TacOps code and try to expand the Harpoon games to cover land combat, I would not have the same confidence with the end result.
    A number of my friends like the TacOps and say that it is the "land-version of Harpoon" so I think it would be the logical choice. However, I just don't think that the current developers would be the ones to accomplish it. It might be far better if TacOps added a naval component to their game than vice-versa! :D
    I've had 5 diffrent playtesters for the first two volumes. If you're intrested in playtesting the forthcoming Volume 7 (Tet Offensive) let me know ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…