Recent content by Koestler

1. Koestler

Rout and ADJACENT

Maybe I am overthinking this, but I found it interesting that the index definition of 'ADJACENT' directs us to the A6.8 examples. The third example deals with a bypassing unit in an adjacent hex. The example itself only tells us that there is no LOS, but the reference in the index suggests that...
  2. Koestler

Rout and ADJACENT

One cannot rout to "another hex ADJACENT to that same enemy unit". For a hex to be ADJACENT to an enemy unit, there needs to be LOS from that hex to that unit. LOS is part of ADJACENT.
  3. Koestler

Rout and ADJACENT

That's a fair point, I had not considered. The counter argument would be that if the term ADJACENT is defined in relation to Locations only and not to units, it would never be possible for two units to be ADJACENT. Also (and possibly more importantly), the index definition also has "[NA...
  4. Koestler

Rout and ADJACENT

Agree with the memory part, but the issue is the definition of ADJACENT (capitals). Per A10.51 a broken unit cannot rout ADJACENT to a Known Enemy Unit. According to the index, two units are only ADJACENT if there is a LOS between them. Since there is no LOS between U1 and the bypassing ht, they...
  5. Koestler

Rout and ADJACENT

But is U1 ADJACENT to the ht? 'ADJACENT' also requires a LOS, which there isn't.
  6. Koestler

multiple Bog checks

Entering a woods hex adjacent to marsh which has wire and a trench in it, through bocage. Five bog conditions, but still just one DR?
  7. Koestler

On the Table: SM3 The Roadblock

I am about to play this one. Would E11.7 supercede the scenario instruction that the Germans enter "on" (not: "on/after") turn 1?
  8. Koestler

J197 SSR2

This was asked before, but I could not find a definitive answer. J197 has an offboard AA Gun for the French. The SSR states as follows: "The French have one Canon de 75 CA mle 32 (...) at level 3 offboard. At setup, the French player secretly records one north-edge hex from which all LOS for...
  9. Koestler

BPeM Games J13

Have my games.
  10. Koestler

BPeM Games J13

Greetings; I am looking to play some PBeM games from the recent Journal 13. If interested, drop me a line at koestler9@gmail.com. I usually manage a log a day.
  11. Koestler

PBEM SaF

Got my games!
  12. Koestler

PBEM SaF

Hello! Looking for a PBeM game from Sword & Fire. If interested, please drop me a line at koestler9@gmail.com. Alex
  13. Koestler

ASL EU - tournament- Rome 10th, 11 th and 12th june

Roma22 finished today. Hopefully, someone else will report on the games and the winners. I want to heap some praise on the organizers. One of the best tournaments I have ever attended. Well done!
  14. Koestler

Valor of the Guards Q&A

I know this has been asked before, but I don't think it has been answered. On 14 September, the Germans win the Day scenario and the Russians win the Night scenario. (No suprises there.) VotG 12.6124 gives a DRM to the leader battle hardening table, stating: "-2 Friendly side won this CG Day's...
  15. Koestler

Fire Group against a same hex enemy

A firegroup would still be possible. However, I think the HMG is not usable since the ground level is outside its CA